Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Little Things

I found myself toying with the idea of writing a blog post about "the little things" when yesterday I got an email that brought a smile to my face as I walked back from class.  Today, that idea was confirmed as I was walking back from the gym and I saw my bootcamp instructor from last fall. I absolutely LOVED going to his bootcamp on Monday nights and the fact that he recognized and remembered me well enough to have a short conversation with me just made my day! I then get back to my dorm and see that I have mail waiting for me in my mailbox. What a great chain of events! Sometimes it is the little things in life that bring me so much joy!

My Philadelphia Phillies shirt that came in the mail today! NL East Champs!

Question of the day: Are there any "little things" that put a little pep in your step?

  • A few of my favorites are encouraging notes, the perfect frozen yogurt combination, and driving with the windows down while blaring country music on a sunny day.
Workout + Lunch

My workout today consisted of heading over to the wonderful facilities at Gregory Gym after my astronomy class to swim some laps. I took a nice long break from swimming over the summer, and I am really trying to get back into it. Not only is it an awesome total body workout, but it is very relaxing, and relaxation is definitely something I need in the midst of my jam-packed weeks!

Such a big pool, yet it is always full!
As always, everyone in Austin wants to swim laps at the exact same that I do, so I sometimes have a hard time finding myself a lane (yes, I could share, and most of the time I end up doing just that, but I have issues with sharing lanes - I like to spread out when I swim)! Today I shared a lane for the first ten or so laps but then I enjoyed a whole lane all to myself for the remainder of my little over a mile swim. The cool water is such a sweet relief from this heat wave we have been experiencing, but literally as I sit here typing, thunder is rolling over Austin. Pray for rain! We need it!

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the reasons I was so excited to start this blog was the opportunity to rave about the delicious food my dorm serves. Today for lunch I had a veggie burger, which I have just recently become obsessed with, and a side of hummus to use as a dip. I also had a side of vanilla yogurt mixed with raisins and granola. Now that is my kind of meal!

Veggie Burgers are my latest food obsession!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS