Friday, March 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I am currently snuggled up in the curve of my couch watching TV as I write this blog post. I could not be happier to be at home with my family, despite this awful weather. I am so ready for a relaxing week full of my favorite Houston restaurants, the Houston Rodeo, and (hopefully) some tanning - let's hope this rain and cold improves by the start of the week!

This morning started early, yet I managed to be incredibly unproductive until about 1:30 when I decided to head to the MAC for a workout. I am now back to being unproductive but I can honestly say that I don't feel too bad about it. I do have some school stuff to do this week, but I think I am going to give myself a little bit of down time before I start on any homework. It just never ends!

Workout

I was so excited to be able to work out at my home gym today. It feels so familiar and I see so many friendly faces. Plus, I am always able to get a good workout in when I am surrounded by some intense exercisers! Today's workout focused a lot on the arms, so I think they may hate me a bit in the morning. I started out my workout with a 15-minute warm-up on the treadmill (inspired by PBFingers of course!)

It got me sweating and warmed up enough to tackle this arm workout - which was also inspired by PBFingers!

Workout
Reps
Sets
Chest Press
20
3
Bicep Curls
15
3
Tricep Dips
15
3
Upright Row
15
3
Lateral Shoulder Raises
15
3
Tricep Pull-Downs
15
3
Shoulder Press
15
3
Frontal Shoulder Raises
15
3
Bicep Curls
2 min straight
1
Tricep Extensions
15
3
Push-ups (Girly)
15
3

I then headed down to the pool and swam 60 laps. Like I said, my arms are probably going to hate me tomorrow! It felt good to get in a good workout because this past week they were all pretty subpar due to all of the studying and paper-writing that was thrown my way.

Once I got home, I made myself a smoothie complete with strawberries, a banana, almond milk, and a little bit of spinach snuck in to get my veggie fix! It was delicious and really hit the spot after a tough workout!



Now I am going to continue to sit all snuggled up on my couch until dinner. I should probably feel somewhat guilty about my lazy Friday but I am thoroughly enjoying myself! I hope you are enjoying your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS