Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sugar Coma

I am using this post as means of transitioning from one English paper to the other. We are right in the middle of what is known as "Dead Days" here at UT, and I am trying to make the most of them, so that all I have to do come tomorrow and Thursday is put some finishing touches on my papers and study for one final exam. I am just about finished with my ten-page research paper, but I have hit a wall in regards to my second paper. It is my last one, if I have made it this far, surely I can write just one more. Hopefully publishing this post will get my creative juices flowing!

Though finals week can be tough, SRD sure knows how to take care of us and get us through the week - by sending us into a sugar coma!

Yesterday at both lunch and dinner they served their famous Chocolate-Crumble-Balls, or what are better known as CCB's. They are served once, maybe twice a semester, and girls go absolutely crazy over them. People who used to live here remember them, and twitter blows up with tweets from current SRD residents bragging about the famous dessert. What is this delicious dessert you ask? Vanilla ice cream, covered with Oreo crumbs, and topped with homemade hot fudge sauce. They can easily be recreated, as the recipe can be found online, but there is just something about the CCB's from SRD!


We also had our annual end of the year tea, which included mini desserts, finger sandwiches, and of course, some delicious tea. There are some perks to living in an all-girls dorm, huh? I know I have said it over and over again, but SRD administration really puts maximum effort into helping us feel like we are at home, and they really care about making our time at SRD some of the best years of our lives. I know that it is time to move on, but I will really miss this place next year! It has been so good to me.


Photo courtesy of Sarah Kotlar
In addition to all of that delicious food, I also ordered some Kerbey Lane pancakes for my hall so that although they would be up studying, at least they could do it with some delicious pancakes in their stomachs. I wish I had taken a picture of what my lounge looked like with 21 pancakes, butter, syrup, and lemon poppyseed glaze, but you will just have to take my word for it - it was quite a sight to be seen!

With all of that food available for me literally all day, I didn't have too hard of a time motivating myself to get in a workout. I walked on over to Gregory Gym (since my bike currently has two flat tires) and swam a little over a mile before falling asleep in a lawn chair. I can get seven or eight hours of sleep a night, but I will still need a nap every afternoon. College kid problems, right?

I am off to put some serious work into my last essay of the semester. Here's to hoping the next time I post, it is because I am celebrating the fact that I am D-O-N-E with papers for the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS