Friday, May 30, 2014

Things I'm Loving Friday V

Happy FRIDAY! I'm back in Houston as I type up this blog post, and I am so excited to say that one of my oldest childhood friends is officially a married woman! I got back to Houston last night, or rather, I went straight to Friendswood with Dylan, crashed there for the night, before we made our way back over to my side of town to head to the wedding. There was a little scare with the rain, but thankfully it held out, though I hear that rain on your wedding day is good luck! But, cheers to the new Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Freeman!


Things I'm Loving

And now for another rendition of Things I'm Loving Friday -

Pinterest Crafts

I'm the least artistic person in the world. Unfortunately, using the transitive property, that also means I'm the least crafty person in the world. So why my craft board on Pinterest has so many pins, I will never know, because I hardly ever actually follow through with any of them. Lucky for me, Dylan loves a good DIY project, so when we went through my Pinterest board and saw this pin, I was inspired to put my own little spin on it and create one displaying my classroom expectations. We had a lot of fun doing this project together, and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Possible tutorial to come in a future post!


Baked Goods

I've been off my baking game lately. I'm not sure why that is, but when I was going through my shelf on both the pantry and the fridge, I found a few things that could be used to make these Oreo-Stuffed Sugar Cookies. The recipe was so easy (if you're cheating and using store-bought dough like I did), in that I simply wrapped an Oreo with dough, rolled it in nonpareils, and placed it in a lined muffin tin. Heat your oven to 350 degrees, cook them for 18-20 minutes, and you'll have a treat that is both aesthetically pleasing, as well as pleasing to your taste buds, or so I've been told.


Squirrels

One of the top things I will miss about living in Austin, and specifically about walking through the UT campus, would have to be the squirrels. They are so funny in that they are the friendliest squirrels I have ever come across. They let you get so close to them, and they will never ever turn down food that is offered to them. Two of my roommates once started a squirrel blog, and Dylan and I frequently send squirrel pictures to one another. Props to him for starting #squirrelsaturday, which is sure to be back and better than ever this summer!


Kid President

I don't know how many of you have ever watched this videobut if you haven't, you certainly should. I don't know why but I never watch videos that are sent to me or posted on any social media, but even I watched this one, and I'm sure glad I did. In this video, Kid President shares his five favorite things about summer. And the best part about this video is, every time someone watches, likes, or shares this video, ConAgra Foods will donate money to Feeding America, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization, so that every kid will get to have an awesome summer!

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS