Saturday, July 22, 2017

Random Questions

It has been a hot minute since I’ve posted anything on the f&f scene (I've bean busy traipsing through Chicago), and while I definitely can’t promise regular posting from here on out, I do have a couple of posts up my sleeve. But first, let’s keep it fun and light-hearted with a little Survey Sunday action.


1. Do you make your bed? After listening to Admiral William McRaven’s speech at my 2014 University of Texas Commencement, I make my bed every single morning. Not only do you start each day with a task completed, but if you happen to have one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, at least you’re coming home to a made bed.

(Source)
2. The first car that was officially yours? A 1992 Lexus – this car turned 16 the same year I did.

3. Three grocery items you don't run out of? Bananas, chocolate, peanut butter? I don’t know – I’m pretty good about not letting myself run out of any of my favorite food items. I’m one of the few people who enjoys making grocery store runs, so I don’t blink an eye about making a couple of trips a week.


4. When did you start doing your own laundry? Judge me, but I didn’t learn how to do my own laundry until I left for college. My mom and Granny always did it for me up until that point and I’m very grateful for that.

5. If you could, would you go back to high school? But have I really left?




6. Can you parallel park in under three moves? … No. If parallel parking is my only option, I drive around and around until I find an actual spot. This was especially problematic in Austin, and it drives my friends absolutely crazy, but I was in that sweet spot where I didn’t actually have to take a driving test in order to get my license.

7. A job you had of which people would be shocked to learn? A dorm resident assistant? Actually, that’s probably not too surprising.



8. Can you drive a stick shift? Nope.

9. Guilty TV show you watch? Okay, I love the show The Middle. Seriously, I can watch episode after episode after episode – it’s just such a portrait of the real American family.

10. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? That’s a tough one – I experience both extremes in my classroom on the reg. Probably too cold because as much as I hate layering up, that’s always an option. Being overly warm is the W O R S T. You’re sweaty and sticky and then the headache starts.

This was a cold day
11. Sweet or Salty? Salty. Once I start in on a bag of popcorn, there’s no stopping me.

12. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice bath? In theory, yes. But I almost never give myself that luxury.

15. Do you consider yourself strong? Are we talking physically or mentally here? I would say yes to both, with the physical emphasis being on my lower body. When you’re a runner, every day is leg day, am I right?

I got to meet Kathrine Switzer - the strongest woman around
16. Something people do, physically, that drives you crazy? SLOW WALKERS. Maybe I walk unreasonably fast, but come on, people.

17. Something you do, physically, that you are sure drives people crazy? When I’m nervous I play with my rings or I twist my hair.

19. Favorite childhood sport? Soccer.


20. Do you talk to yourself? Oh, absolutely. Sometimes I even answer myself. I have no shame.

21. Do you like doing jigsaw puzzles? Honestly, I really don’t. I’m always amazed by people who can sit at a table for hours so carefully putting each piece in its proper place.

22. Would you go on a reality show? YES. I would never make a Bachelor appearance, but I would 100% go on American Ninja Warrior.


I'm ready, don't you think?
23. Tea or coffee? Neither one.

24. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up? Teacher. That’s the honest truth.



25. No matter how much money you have or don't have, what are you an absolute snob about? Kindness.


And with that, I'm off to get a jump start on today's activities. As it turns out, the miles aren't going to run themselves, and my apartment certainly isn't going to clean itself. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS