Friday, June 8, 2012

Fro-yo, Fun Runs, and Other Odds and Ends

Happy Friday fitnessandfroyo readers! I am so relieved that I don't have class today, three day weekends are seriously the best! The weeks with class are long, but they also go by fast. I have lots of work to do for class, but not so much that I can't enjoy the city in which I am currently living. Monday was a great day because Sarah and I wandered down La Ramblas in search of a frozen yogurt shop, Yummy Natural, recommended to us by a friend, and y'all, it was so good. I wouldn't say that it is better than Berripop, but it comes pretty darn close. The fro-yo is so creamy and the toppings, which include PEANUT BUTTER, were delicious. It really hit the spot and we loved it so much that we went back yesterday! You had to know a girl with the blog title "fitnessandfroyo" can only go so long without this delicacy, but no worries, I found it, and I plan to make many, many more trips!

Tuesday was awesome as well, as after class was over for the day, we embarked on a 20-minute walk to Museu de Xocolata, aka the Chocolate Museum. Now, that is my kind of museum! We paid not even four euro for our admission ticket which was, wait for it, a chocolate bar! The Chocolate Museum provides visitors with information about the origins of chocolate, how it arrived in Europe and different fun facts about the delicious dessert. We saw statues made out of chocolate and enjoyed taking lots of fun pictures with them. We also agreed that we have to visit the gift store and stock up on some chocolate before we return to the States (in one month - how crazy! Time flies).





Up!
La Sagrada Familia in chocolate form! 



Wednesday was our usual run with the jogging club, but instead of doing the 6-mile run that we usually do, we ran to the park and ran sprints instead. Never one for sprinting, it was tough, but felt really good to do. It also didn't hurt that we were sprinting through one of my favorite places in Barcelona -- parc de Cuitadella. We are actually going back there this weekend for a rowboat excursion! Anyway, we rounded it out with ten more minutes of running before Sarah and I headed back to our dorm for a night full of homework, studying, and Pretty Little Liars!

Rewind to the topic of running -- Sarah and I are signed up to run a 10K in Barcelona this coming Sunday! We are so excited, mostly for the opportunity to run a race on a completely new continent and to get a t-shirt that proves we ran a race in Barcelona. We also get food after the race and a little goodie bag -- so worth the 16 euro in my opinion!

Yesterday I mentioned that we had more fro-yo -- I actually met up with a fellow friend and Spartan after class and we hung out for about an hour, catching up on all things America and Spain before Sarah and I headed off in the direction of the library so she could check out a few books for one of her classes. Unfortunately, as in the United States, you have to have a library card to check out books, so we decided to head back to the dorm, but not before snapping a few pictures! It seems as though we find a new, beautiful part of Barcelona every single day! I hate to think that I am missing out on any of the beautiful sights in the city, I just have to make sure that I get to as many as I possibly can in the next four weeks!





Once we returned to our dorm, we realized that we were both exhausted from the past week, so we ix-nayed our usual workout in favor of a power walk to our favorite hidden park. I brought my camera this time so I can share some of the beauty with you!


We are about to set off for a day that consists of hiking a mountain, followed by a relaxing afternoon on the beach! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS