Sunday, December 4, 2016

Fill-in-the-Blanks Survey

Happy rainy Sunday from Houston! It has been a cold and rainy weekend, and it appears as though the rain is going to be sticking around for at least another 24 hours. I'm all for the colder weather, but I could do without the rain. It makes walking Mack, running, and running errands 10 times more difficult. But I managed to walk Mack this morning and late afternoon, I even managed to squeeze in an almost eight-mile run before I went up to school to help with volleyball lessons. And the cold and rain makes it all the more acceptable to whip out the tacky Christmas sweaters, right?

Tacky Sweater Day 2016
But for now, I am committed to bringing back Sunday's survey tradition. At least until the end of this year. Surely I can stick to that commitment, right? This week's survey is one that I found on my favorite blogger's - Peanut Butter Fingers - page, and I just had to give it a go. 

Fill-in-the-Blanks Survey
  • I would do an Ironman once.
Throwback to six years ago when I did a half ironman in college. I had no idea what I was doing, and I had not a fear in the world. I figured, 'Hey, I like working out, and I'll be living in Austin. Sounds fun!' It turned out to be the farthest thing from fun, and I distinctly remember crossing the finish line in TEARS (they were not tears of joy; they were tears of pain) and telling my dad that I was never doing that again. And typically when I say that, I do it again. But it is not something that has even crossed my mind these past six years. That being said, I think I could probably do it if I had the right training plan. So, I might do it once.


  • The weirdest thing I ever ate was some unidentifiable fish.
I am THE least adventurous food person around, so what is weird to me is probably not weird to anyone else. It is very rare that I try food that "sounds weird" to me, and I've always been that way. I stuck to Spaghettio's and Lunchables for a good portion of my childhood, and cereal was my go-to in college when I wasn't feeling the other options. What can I say? I'm a creature of a habit! But when I was studying abroad in Spain, I ate some unidentifiable, downright strange food that my dorm served. I really like fish, and all of the seafood I ate in Spain was absolutely fantastic, but we're talking bones and eyes happening here. If that's not stepping outside your comfort zone, I don't know what is. 
  • The movie of my life would star Sandra Bullock.
Isn't the resemblance obvious? Just kidding, but Sandra Bullock is an absolute all-star. From Miss Congeniality to The Proposal to The Blind Side, and everything in between, she's an absolute superstar. I also wouldn't hate being played by Emma Watson. 
Queens (Source)
  • My go-to food indulgence is dark chocolate.
Can it really be considered an indulgence if I eat it every day? Probably not, but at least I acknowledge that it is an indulgence.
The best brand of chocolate
  • The last live concert I saw was Kenny Chesney.
In addition to not being a very adventurous foodie, I'm also not a huge concert-goer. I love the rodeo because one, it's the rodeo, and two, the concerts are THE perfect length. In my opinion. And I typically know all of the songs being performed, as opposed to traditional concerts when the artists decide to debut new songs, thus not allowing me to sing along. Which is probably a blessing for the people around me. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't L O V E tickets to see Taylor Swift when she comes to Houston in February. Doesn't she tell us to never grow up?

Taylor Swift Concert circa 2010
Obviously the red (Rockstar) pants that I wear to school almost every Friday get the nod for favorite jeans. I happened upon them at Old Navy my senior year of college - before I even knew I would be teaching at a Cardinal Red school. But they've turned out to be my most frequently worn pants. They're comfortable and spirited, and they were approximately $20. Can't beat that.

 
But if we're talking jeans jeans, you can't go wrong with 1969 denim from Gap. They're some of the only jeans that I have found that fit both my legs and my waist. Ex-volleyball player runner problems, am I right?

Adding to my non-adventurous foodie, non-concert going self, I'm also not a beauty guru. I prefer days when I don't have to put on makeup, and my makeup routine takes maybe three minutes. Maybe. But I do love They're Real because it's the one mascara I've tried that doesn't leave clumps. And it does lengthen eyelashes like a dream. And I used to be all about Burt's Bees, but once I was introduced to EOS Lip Balm during my student teaching semester, I never looked back. My students keep me up on the trends.

And with that, I'm off to get some work done before the penultimate Monday of the fall semester. How that happened, I am not entirely sure. But I certainly won't complain about a couple of weeks to spend catching up with family and friends, reading, running, and snuggling with my sweet pup. Let's all Celebrate Monday by making it a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS