Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Survey

Sorry it's been a while fitnessandfroyo readers. You would think that since school is no longer consuming my time, I would be full of blog posts. Well, Thursday was spent running around doing some Christmas shopping, Friday was spent baking and preparing for our Wydlife Christmas Party, and yesterday was spent driving home and lounging all day long. So now I'm back in my blogging groove and have a little holiday fun for you.

But before I get to the survey, I have to mention Friday morning's horrific tragedy. It absolutely broke my heart to hear of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were affected by the incident. I imagine that parents around the country were holdings their children a little tighter that night, and let us remember that Jesus loves the little children. And the teachers who gave their lives to protect their students are true heroes, and I dedicate my future teaching career to those inspiring educators.


25 Questions: Holiday Style
  • Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Neither. I used to love Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, though. Actually, I loved about two sips of it before being overwhelmed by the peppermint. And I can't say that I have ever had eggnog, but based on my taste buds, I probably wouldn't like it.
  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them, of course!
  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights outside and colored lights on the tree. We used to switch off using colored lights and white lights every other year, mainly to please my mom, but my dad, brother, and I eventually won out and we always had colored lights on our tree.
  • Do you hang mistletoe?
We may have hung some mistletoe up at the Clubhouse once or twice.
  • When do you hang your decorations up?
We are always late in hanging our decorations up - we tend to wait until it at least hits December before decorating the house.
  • What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My mom makes a pretty mean breakfast casserole, and my dad always made sure to make chocolate chip pancakes for me because they were easily my favorite breakfast food when I was younger. 
  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I'd say my favorite holiday memory as a child was when we went to our annual Christmas brunch at Willowisp Country Club and Santa Claus called me by name and made me start believing in Santa Claus again. I have just been informed by my parents that I learned at a young age that Santa Claus didn't exist by one of my friend's older siblings and I went around telling all my friends that Santa didn't exist, causing those moms to call my mom and tell on me. True story. 

  • What is on your Christmas wish list?
I am keeping my fingers crossed for a DSLR camera!
(Source)
  • Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
One gift on Christmas eve.
  • How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights and ornaments. Nothing too fancy!
  • Snow? Love it or dread it?
Mixed emotions, because being from Texas means I have never truly experienced a white Christmas. However, the few occasions that we have had snow, I enjoy it for a maximum of two hours before realizing that snow is cold, wet, and dirty.
Lindsay, Amira, and I enjoying our senior year snow day 
We all really knew how to dress
  • Real tree or fake tree?
Real tree, all the way.
Clubhouse Christmas tree
  • Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmm, I remember loving my Barbie bike, and I also remember loving my first pair of UGG boots in sixth grade. 
  • What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family and remembering the reason for the season.
  • What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Puppy chow! Or Peppermint bark.

  • What is your favorite tradition?
My brother and I used to alternate sleeping in one another's rooms when we were little, waking up literally every hour on the hour to walk downstairs and see if Santa had come yet. Now, I love going to River Oaks and looking at Christmas lights. 
  • What tops your tree?
An angel. When I was little, I always got to put the angel on top of the tree.
  • Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving gifts to people. I get so impatient when I buy a present early that I just want to give it to them early!
  • What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful.
(Source)
  • Candy canes, yuck or yum?
I do love candy canes! But only the minty kind, I am not a fan of the Starburst-flavored candy canes.
  • Favorite Christmas movie?
A Charlie Brown Christmas
(Source)
  • What do you leave for Santa?
Milk and cookies for Santa; reindeer food sprinkled on the front lawn for the reindeer
  • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
My parents used to make my brother and I wait at the top of the stairs while they brought out the big "ticket items" and set up the train that circled around the Christmas tree. Those were the most agonizing few minutes for my brother and I!
  • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
At the mall, for sure. Even though I am forced to brave the crowds because I always leave things until the last minute, it's so satisfying to carry that perfect gift home. 
  • Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card day was always a very dramatic day for our family. My brother and I used to put up a huge fight when it came to Christmas cards, and my mom would spend hours creating the perfect Tomlinson family Christmas card.





1 comment:

  1. I love you Kelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS