Sunday, December 30, 2012

A to Z: Restaurants

Happy Survey Sunday, everyone! I know, I know, I haven't been blogging very regularly these days, but Friday Night Lights, reading, seeing old friends, spending time with family, and sleeping has taken precedence over the ol' blog. Especially because there's not that much to blog about these days. I do have some good workouts to share with you guys - I'm still sore - so I'll work on getting better about that, seeing as that is the reason I started this blog in the first place! I think I am at my end of the year slump, but I promise that come January 1, you will see a perked up fitnessandfroyo!

I also know that we were all very concerned abbot the potential loss of SUrvey Sunday, but fear not, because I have found a solution (for at least a few weeks, anyway). I found a blog that asks you to list things from A to Z that make you happy, and I fully intend to do that one, probably as my first Survey Sunday of 2013, but I am going to do A to Z restaurants, A to Z food, A to Z stores, and really exciting stuff like that. The first one on the list is restaurants, and though you have probably seen most of these restaurants on the blog at one time or another, here is a complete list of some of my absolute favorite restaurants. Enjoy!

A- Austin Java
This coffee shop has some of the best breakfast, and though I have never actually been there for breakfast, I have had their omelettes delivered to me while I was working the front desk at SRD and it was love at first bite. 
B- Berripop
I know you are all surprised about this one! Berripop Frozen Yogurt is the key to my heart.

C- Cyclone Anaya's
Some of the best fish tacos in the city of Houston.

D- Dad's Burgers
I had the hardest time coming up with a "D" restaurant, so I'll go with my dad's hamburgers. I actually won't order a hamburger from any restaurant because I know it won't compare to my dad's.
E- Escalante's
Though I can no longer eat it, their white queso is to die for.
F- Food Heads
A hop, skip, and a jump away from my house in Austin, this house-turned-restaurant serves up some hard-to-beat sandwiches.

G- Galaxy Cafe
One of my very favorite restaurants, ever. It reminds me of my Houston favorite, Hungry's, and you can't beat their sweet potato fries!
H- Hungry's
Hands down, my absolute favorite restaurant in the world. Their black bean soup, their veggie burger, their chicken sandwich - I don't think I have ever had anything bad from there.


I- Iron Cactus
I don't remember it much, but we went there for brunch with my volleyball team freshman year, and it is an Austin hotspot, so I'd say it was a good one!
J- Jamba Juice
Jamba Juice gets the slight edge over Smoothie King in my book. Their smoothies are refreshing, delicious, and nutritious!

K- Kerbey Lane Cafe
An Austin original. They are famous for their pancakes and queso - sounds weird, it's not - but some of their regular food is delicious, too!


L- Lupe Tortilla
One of my all-time favorite Mexican restaurants. Do yourself a favor and find one near you!

M- Magnolia Cafe
A friend said your happiness is directly related to how many times you have been to "Mags" in the past month. Frequented after midnight, go for the breakfast that is served 24 hours. 
N- North by Northwest
I have only been here once, but I will certainly be returning to this Austin delight.

O- Ona
Sarah and I realized that this was really the only restaurant we ate out at in Barcelona, and we did so no less than I think five times. Their Spanish tortilla was the best in all of Spain.

P- P.F. Changs
Lettuce wraps and the Great Wall of Chocolate. You're welcome.

R- Ruggles Green
A four-star certified Green Restaurant, I know whatever I order will be delicious and nutritious.


S- Salt Lick
Barbecue had to make its way onto the list eventually - I am a product of Texas, after all. Not only is the food delicious, but the atmosphere is one you should all experience.

T- Thundercloud Subs
A big-time sandwich lover, my life changed when I had a taste of Thundercloud Subs for the first time. Okay, that's a little dramatic, but this is by far my favorite sandwich shop.

U- Uchi
Okay, I haven't actually been here yet, but how many restaurants do you know that start with a "U"? I do want to try this place, so I'll let you know when I do.
V- Vert's
A little taste of Europe, especially Germany, in Austin. They are known for their huge filling and tasty Döner Kebaps, and I highly recommend it if you are ever in Austin. Or Germany.

W- Whole Foods
Duh, this one has appeared on the blog enough times for you to know that this was coming. I have tried many different things (rare for this picky eater), and I have never tried something I didn't like. Take the food, coupled with the $.79 giant water bottle, up to the roof, and you will enjoy a delightful meal looking out on one of the greatest cities in the world.

X- I racked my brain (and Google) and couldn't find anything, so my next mission is to open a restaurant with a name beginning with the letter X
Y- Yogurt Planet
Okay, it's not my favorite yogurt shop around town, but it starts with a "Y," and they have the best pumpkin frozen yogurt I've ever tasted.

Z- Zoe's Kitchen
Steak kabobs. Enough said.


Also, a big HOOK 'EM HORNS to my Texas Longhorns, who won the Valero Alamo bowl game last night against the Oregon State Beavers. The game wasn't looking too good for us, but we came through, or rather our defense came through, in the fourth quarter and we managed to pull out the win. Texas forever, y'all. Makes me a bit more excited for football season next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS