Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Bark

I was a baking machine before Christmas. I made more brownies, cupcakes, and cookies than I care to admit. I made my usual chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip candy-stuffed cookies, but I also whipped up a batch of peanut butter blossoms and double chocolate Christmas blossoms, along with a batch of peppermint bark. I was really excited about the peppermint bark because it's extremely easy to make, so I started dreaming up other bark recipes that I could try.



Chocolate and peanut butter go together like milk and cereal, like macaroni and cheese, like icing and cupcakes. I personally think peanut butter goes with almost everything, but chocolate and peanut butter is a combination that most people swoon over. So when the idea for some chocolate and peanut butter bark came to mind, I knew I had to act on it.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Bark

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. of chocolate almond bark
  • Vegetable oil
  • Creamy peanut butter
  • Mini Reese's

Directions

1. Take a cookie sheet (with sides) and line it with foil. Spray with PAM cooking spray.
2. Melt 1 pound of the chocolate almond bark in the microwave. I typically melt it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring it a bit before sticking it back in the microwave. Add 1/2 teaspoon to the chocolate concoction and continue stirring.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto the foil and stick it in the fridge until solid.


4. Once the chocolate has hardened, spread as much peanut butter as desired onto your hardened chocolate.
5. Stick it back into the refrigerator for about 10 more minutes before repeating step 2 with your second pound of chocolate almond bark, spreading it on top of the peanut butter layer.
6. While you are waiting for your peanut butter to harden a little bit, take your mini Reese's - as many or as few as you would like - and crush them into even smaller pieces so that after spreading your final layer of chocolate, you will be ready to sprinkle your Reese's onto this final layer.
7. Stick it back into the refrigerator for the last time, and once the chocolate has completely hardened, take it out, peel off the foil layer, and break it into pieces.
8. ENJOY!
The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS