Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Almost Over

No, not Survey Sunday. At least not for now, anyway. I have found a few more surveys, and then I might have to start taking questions from my readers, or start a new 2013 tradition, I haven't quite decided yet.

Anyway, the title of my post refers to is the fact that my semester is almost over. My fifth semester in college is so close to being over, yet still so far away. I have three papers due between now and Wednesday at 11:59pm, and while I have managed to get a solid start on at least two of them, I am not completely done with any of them. Here's to hopefully finishing them in the next day or two so that I can relax and not scramble around all stressed out, for once.

This morning started out on a good note as I attended the 9am service at Austin Stone and followed it up with a wonderful 3ish mile walk at Town Lake. A great start to what will hopefully be a very productive day! I am currently posted up at Central Market to hopefully get more work done than I would at home, and so I can reward myself with some gelato. Sounds like good reasoning to me! 


Taking this picture will never get old
1. Name 3 things you are looking forward to. 
Christmas break, running in the Houston Half-Marathon, and working out at the MAC (old habits die hard) - I guess all three of those things fall under the category of Christmas break, but I'm just really, really ready for a break.

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Open a bakery called Kelli's Kupcakes & Kreations, become a personal trainer, and blog full-time.

3. You have $200. You have to spend it on yourself, you can’t donate it, and it can’t be something you really need.  What will it be?
Probably books or workout apparel - in other words, really exciting stuff.

4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Working out always makes me feel better.

5. What is your bedtime routine?
Lately, brushing my teeth and collapsing into bed at a decent hour has been the norm for me - college kid problems, am I right?

6. What kind of books do you read?
Anything from classics to teen romance novels (guilty) to inspirational novels to biographies to mysteries - it's clearly a wide range and I am always looking for a good book to dive into.
A beautiful Christmas present from The Clubhouse Secret Santa gift exchange
7. How do you see yourself in ten years?
That's a great question - I just hope that whatever I am doing, wherever I am living, I am happy.
I was smiling ten years ago, and I hope to still be smiling ten years down the road
8. What’s your fear?
Are we saying legitimate fears? Or irrational fears?
Because I'm definitely afraid of escalators and cockroaches, but if we're being serious, I'm very much afraid of not being successful.

9. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
You know, I used to really want to be an astronaut when I grew up, which is part of the reason I signed up to take those dreadful astronomy courses last year, so yes, I think I would make that sacrifice.

10. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
I'm embarrassed to admit that I check my email/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram first thing in the morning. Social media, much?

11. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
Oh my gosh! I used to hate my name (or at least the spelling of my name), because I could never find any souvenirs with my name spelled correctly, so I definitely wanted to pick out a new name, but I don't think I would change my name because it's who I am, you know?

12. If you had to choose between 6 months of sun or 6 months of rain, what would you choose?
SUN! I love a rainy day every once in a while, but I feel much more productive when the sun is shining than when I'm laying in bed listening to the rain come down.

13. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months what would it be?
Frozen yogurt, duh. There are so many flavor and topping combinations that I feel as though it might not ever get old. Okay, that might be a stretch, but I sure do love frozen yogurt. And frozen yogurt is going to be the first thing I reward myself with when I finish these last three papers!



14. What is the thing about blogging that you like the most?
The fact that I can look back on this years down the road and remember (and laugh at) the things I was doing however many years ago. I also love that I can share such important (and not-so-important) aspects of my life with others - whether it's an inspirational quote, a sweaty workout, a new recipe, or just providing a laugh for my fabulous readers.

15. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Normally I'd say salty, but lately it's been sweet - I can't get enough of those carob chips!



16. What items are in your purse right now?
    • Keys
    • Burt's Bees chapstick
    • a peppermint
    • a few receipts
    • a pen
    • Headphones
17. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains, what would you choose?
That's a tough choice because I think Colorado is one of my favorite places to be in the summer, but the beach is always so relaxing. I think I would choose mountains, just because I love being active and I love being outdoors - and being in the mountains provides the perfect opportunity for both.
My view each morning at Crooked Creek Ranch 
Wilderness Ranch has my heart
18. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?I don't watch a whole lot of trashy television, but I do know that I shouldn't be watching as much Friday Night Lights as I do, mainly because once I start, I just can't stop!

P.S. Texas Volleyball is going to the NCAA Volleyball Final Four in Louisville, Kentucky. They swept USC last night to officially advance. I think this is the year we will finally win a championship. Hook'em!
P.P.S. Because we knocked A&M out of the NCAA tournament this year, I feel as though I can give a heartfelt congratulations to Johnny "Football" for winning the 2012 Heisman trophy last night. As much as it pains me to say it, he was truly deserving of the trophy, and though I hope the media finds a new player to worship, I can't deny that he is a great quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS