Monday, December 3, 2012

No Headphones. No Problem.

I have a quick workout-related post for y'all before I get back to the books. I have an exam at 7am (yes, 7am) tomorrow morning, but I figured I needed a little bit of a break before getting back on my study grind.
Studying for my favorite class
This morning I did a bit of studying before deciding that I needed to get my heart pumping or else I was going to fall asleep sooner rather than later. I just have to push through for the next eight days. Then I can sleep nine hours a night if I want to. Anyway, I thought I was just going to walk on the treadmill and study, but that never really works out for me, so I decided to just get in a quick and sweaty run.

I took this workout from Carrots 'n' Cake, but changed up the speeds so that it ended up looking like this:
The workout caught my eye because the speeds are based on distance rather than time, which is something I don't think I have ever done. I usually say that I will run at this speed for five minutes, and this speed for ten minutes, etc., but this one had me running mostly distances of .25 miles before changing the speed. I really enjoyed it, and I covered 4.1 miles in 34 minutes. I'd say that's a win!


The good news is that I felt as though I could run for much longer, which is a great feeling because I have a half-marathon that is creeping up on me. Once school is over I will start getting in those longer runs, I promise!

I will say that my workout was off to a troubling start because upon my arrival at the gym, I discovered that my headphones were not in my bag. Quite the bummer, because I am someone who really loves having music to run to, or if I am at the MAC, a TV show or movie to watch. Luckily, this workout had me mixing up the speed so often that I hardly even noticed it.

Monday evening question:
Do you have to run to music? Or do you prefer to have nature (or the gym) as your music? There are certainly some interesting things to be heard at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS