Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pinterest Workouts

As many things as I pin on Pinterest (and that's quite a bit), I should really have more to show for it. But some most of the crafts are ridiculously difficult, one cannot possibly concoct all of the dishes one has pinned, the hairstyles are certainly not happening for this girl, who tends to gather my hair in a messy bun on top of my head most of the time, and if my dream house contained everything I pinned, it would cover the entire state of Texas. I have done a few crafts, I have ordered a few products I've pinned, and I have successfully created a few recipes, but what I have done the most of is from my fitness board. Sure, I have pinned a couple hundred workouts, and some of them will never be attempted, but when I am lacking for fitness motivation and inspiration, sometimes I will turn to Pinterest for a workout.

My latest Pinterest-inspired workouts?
This 25-minute HIIT workout combined with a version of the ten down tone up workout.

(Source)
Before completing the HIIT workout on the treadmill, I did the arms portion from this insanely intense workout that I also found on Pinterest, and my arms were unbelievably sore the next day. I secretly love that feeling, but I need to be doing arm workouts like this more often if I want to see the results. Maybe y'all can help hold me accountable because I tend to forget to do the weights portion of my workouts more often than I care to admit. Anyway, my arm workout looked like this:

I did one complete set before halving each of the reps for my second set. 30 of one exercise is no joke, let me tell you!

I then moved onto the HIIT treadmill workout. I don't know what it is, but the treadmill has been killing me lately. I tend to flop back and forth between running outside and running on the treadmill, and I am definitely in my running outside phase right now, because I was ready to quit after a solid seven minutes. And 8.0 usually isn't as much of a struggle as it was for me on Thursday. However, I persevered and finished the workout - very glad that I did. HIIT workout are usually some of my favorites because the speed changes so often that I can't possibly get bored. That, and I was watching Full House. Sometimes I don't think I am ever going to grow up.

After a bit of deliberation over what I wanted to do to round out my workout, I decided on this ten down tone up workout, where you do ten reps of each workout to complete round one, nine for round two, eight for round three, etc.
(Source)
I ended up nixing the V-ups, because V-ups and leg lifts have always hurt my lower back, and I just did 10-9-8-7-6-5 before finishing with one final round of 10, but y'all, this was a crazy good workout. Maybe not on its own, but after a bit of cardio, you will be feeling those burpees, trust me. My whole body was sore the next day, which was good. I haven't put my body through the wringer in a while, so it felt good to push myself a bit harder, and to do something besides just straight running and spinning classes. Don't get me wrong, I love both of those things very much, but sometimes I need to shake things up a bit. So, if you are ever in the market to shake up your workout, check out my Pinterest board, and try something new. You can always modify or make things harder, but sometimes an already-drawn-up workout is just what you need to get your heart beating faster, faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS