Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Twenty Fun

I'll just come right out and say it - I love my birthday. As self-centered as that probably sounds, I love waking up and knowing that I have 365 days full of new adventures and blessings, I love receiving birthday cards in the mail, and I love that little bit of extra attention you get on your birthday.


So, now that I've made myself sound like a completely self-obsessed person, I'll walk y'all through my first day of being 21. It's pretty exciting stuff, let me tell ya. I feel like I'm a real member of society now or something.

Breakfast

Y'all may or may not know that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. While y'all may not know that (but you probably did), Sarah definitely did. She has seen me eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so she knew the way straight to my heart when she told me she was going to get me a birthday breakfast before I embarked on my six hours of class. She is literally the greatest roommate I could ask for because when her original plan to get me an omelette failed, she tried Plan B, then she tried Plan C, and then she came back with the most delicious egg white, spinach, ham, and onion scramble. I ate every last bite before I headed off to class. 


I think the highlight of my classes was the fact that I didn't have a pop quiz in one of the classes that I thought I would for sure have one in. The down side is that I will more than likely have on on Thursday, on top of the two exams that I already have. I guess turning 21 doesn't give you an automatic free pass in school. Who knew?

Workout

A girl who loves working out as much as I do can't let her birthday pass without getting in a good workout. After the purchase of my new one-piece last Friday, I was eager to get in the pool and try it out. Since I am already on campus until 2pm, I decided to just stay and swim some laps before I began studying for my two exams. It was an absolutely beautiful day outside - probably my absolute favorite weather - so swimming laps was the perfect excuse for me to just be outside and soak up the sun. I swam 80 laps before heading back to the clubhouse, where my roommates continued to bless me with sweet notes and flowers and cards. It makes it hard to study when you have such great roommates!



Anyway, around 5:00pm I took a study break when one of my friends from elementary school came over for a birthday surprise. She brought a bottle of champagne and I indulged in my very first sips of alcohol. I'm a baby and didn't want to get too crazy as my dad warned me that champagne can really affect you the next day. It's hard to believe that I'm old enough to do this!


And the birthday celebration will continue into the weekend as my parents and brother are coming up to Austin on Saturday night to take me out to a fancy dinner. I cannot wait to see them! And now I'm off to continue studying. Thanks for all the birthday wishes, as I'm sure many of y'all are among those who called, texted, or facebooked me sweet happy birthday messages. Thank y'all so much, and all I know is that I only have one more year until I'm feelin' 22! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS