Sunday, February 10, 2013

Eddie V's

I left y'all right before my parents and brother arrived at the Clubhouse to drop off some things and pick me up for our 6:30pm dinner reservations at Eddie V's downtown. I picked Eddie V's as my birthday celebration restaurant of choice some time ago, mainly because I had been for dessert, but never for an actual meal. I love seafood, and they also have steak, so I figured it was the perfect combo. In typical Tomlinson fashion, we were early for our reservation, but they were able to seat us right when we got there, and they even gave me a birthday card signed by some of the Eddie V's staff. I knew it was going to be a good night after that!
My favorite crew

I originally planned on being sophisticated and having wine with my parents, but wine just isn't really my thing, so I asked for a cocktail menu, eventually setting on the White-Pom Mojito. Something simple, with flavors I knew I would like. It didn't taste like much, but I enjoyed it. I guess I'll just have to keep trying new things until I find my favorite one.


Once the drinks were ordered, we started in on the warm bread and the appetizer of the day, which happened to be scallops seasoned with blackberries. I had never had scallops before, but I thought they were great. Then again, Eddie V's is a great place to try new things, as everything I tried last night was fantastic.



For my main meal, I opted for the Market Fresh Fish option, which last night happened to be Scottish Salmon on a bed of asparagus. Two of my favorite things, so I was sold pretty quickly on that order, especially because my mom opted for the Jumbo Gulf Shrimp, and I knew I could have some of hers if I wanted. My dad went for the Louisiana Red Fish, and my brother went for the 12 oz Filet. On the side we opted for spinach with potatoes, as well as snap peas with portabellas. Everything tasted fabulous, and I think I may have found a new favorite (fancy) restaurant.

Scottish Salmon 
Jumbo Gulf Shrimp
The night did not stop there, as dessert was next on the menu. I was so full, but we still ordered the Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake and Blackberry Cobbler. It was a true feast, and I can honestly say that there was hardly any food remaining by the end of the night.


My parents dropped my brother and me back at my house where we changed and headed out for a night on the town. I was told that I needed to "sell" him on Austin, which would have been a lot easier to do if he hadn't shown up wearing an Oklahoma shirt! Anyway, I took him to Mt. Bonnell, the Capitol, and just drove him around some of my favorite places. I think he came out with the idea that Austin is a pretty cool place to be. Here's to having him in the same city as me next year!

The Tower suits him, huh?
I dropped him off at the hotel a little after 10:00pm, headed back to the Clubhouse, did a whole lot of nothing productive, and went to sleep a little before midnight. I had plans to have breakfast with my parents before they headed back to Houston, so I woke up around 7:00 this morning, did a bit of reading, got myself ready, and they picked me up around 9:00 and we headed for The Omelettry - a restaurant that came highly recommended by a few of my roommates. It did not disappoint.


I opted for a delicious egg white vegetable omelet with a side of whole wheat toast and a grapefruit, my parents went for the french toast, and Daniel attacked the chocolate chip pancakes. We all considered it a success as they dropped me off at my car where I headed for Town Lake and completed a three-mile walk before attending the 11:15 church service at Austin Stone.
My omelette - mushrooms, avocado, peppers, and onions
French Toast
And now I'm off to do some reading and some baking. It has been a wonderful weekend filled with wonderful food and most importantly, with wonderful people and so many blessings. And I have an exciting surprise to share with y'all later. Well, it's exciting for me, but I don't know how exciting y'all will find it. And I know today is Survey Sunday, so depending on how much work I get done, I will be back with that later today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS