Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday

Three is my favorite number and today is the third day of February, so why not?

Three ways that I’m still a kid…
  • I call my parents whenever I need advice, when I have both good or bad news, when I just someone to talk to, or whenever I have a question regarding cooking or laundry.
  • I still sleep with a stuffed animal. 
  • I love rollerblading, playing outside, and jumping on trampolines. Do kids still enjoy doing those things?

Me and Boo
Three ways that I’m already old…
  • If I could, I would go to bed by 10:00 every night. My friends made fun of me all throughout high school for my inability to stay up late with them, and my grandma reputation has also lasted through college, give or take a few adventures. 
  • I don't consider this to be a good thing, but I worry about things the way parents do.
  • I still consider the '90's to be ten years ago. The fact that kids today have never heard of shows like Lizzie McGuire and Rocket Power just blows my mind. 

Three things that I want to do in the next three months..
  • Camp at Enchanted Rock.
  • Mail surprise letters to friends, because who doesn't love receiving letters in the mail? Let me know if you want to be the recipient of a surprise letter!
  • Run a new-to-me race.

In less than a week I'll be heading to Dallas for this race (Source)
Three ways that I’m a stereotypical girl…
  • If I see a bug, I scream. If I'm in Houston, I'll make my dad kill it, even if he is already asleep. Thankfully, I haven't seen any big bugs in our house here, but I can guarantee you that I won't be the one who kills it.
  • I love all things pink.
  • Chick flicks and cheesy romantic novels are my guilty pleasure. And I cry in almost every single one. The one exception to this statement is the Twilight series. I have never, nor will I ever, read those books. 

Three things that I like about myself…
  • I'm a pretty hardworking and dedicated person.
  • I'm a pretty encouraging person and I consider myself someone that people feel comfortable talking to. I don't know how good my advice will be, but at least I can lend a listening ear.
  • I am a pretty good baker/cook.




Three of my everyday essentials…
  • Chocolate. I have always been a chocolate-lovin' girl, so I was pretty upset when I become lactose intolerant because that meant chocolate could no longer be a part of my diet. However, I have recently discovered dairy-free chocolate, and I don't think I have gone a day without it since then. It may be chocolate mixed into oatmeal bars, plain ol' chocolate chips (or carob chips), or ice cream.
  • Exercise. Whether it's a cycling class, a ten-mile run, or a stroll through my neighborhood, I get so restless if I don't have at least a little bit of movement throughout my day.
  • Reading.

Three things that scare me…
  • Earlier I said that it was bugs that scare me, but it's mainly cockroaches. Cockroaches are one of the few things in life for which I don't see any purpose.
  • My cell phone battery running out while I am driving - I have a horrible sense of direction and my iPhone GPS is pretty much the only way I know how to get anywhere. I guess that's another way that I'm a stereotypical girl.
  • Escalators. I know this is probably the world's lamest fear, but not only am I afraid of falling through the steps, but I always get nervous that my shoelace or something will get stuck. Irrational, I know.
I'll be on the lookout for new and different surveys. If you run across any, please send them my way! And on a completely unrelated note, who are y'all rooting for in the big game today? I'm partial to the Ravens, mainly because of Justin Tucker. Just take a moment and remember our last game against A&M when we kicked the winning field goal. Sweet victory!
(Source)
I'm off to church and a walk around Town Lake! Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS