Monday, February 11, 2013

Garmin Forerunner

It's a rainy Monday here in Austin, which helped prompt my slow morning. I woke up fairly early, but instead of reaching for a textbook or school assignment as I usually would, I grabbed my Kindle and started reading a book for pleasure. I kept at that for a while before finally switching gears and reading summaries of Shakespeare's Othello. Don't worry, I have read the actual play, but I am just brushing up on parts of it! Anyway, around 9:30am, I decided that it was time to go for a run. Since I am now running in the Austin Half Marathon on Sunday, I need to get in at least a couple of good runs this week. Well, as luck would have it, I got in my car, put the key in the ignition, and was met with a nice clicking noise. I immediately called my dad, who told me to call up AAA and have them take a look at what was probably a dead battery. It's funny because I could have just called AAA in the first place, but I felt like my dad should be the first person I call. I wonder at what age that stops happening!

(Source)
AAA was awesome - they were prompt in getting to me, they discovered the problem - apparently my 2005 car still had the original battery - and replaced the battery in no time at all. What rockstars!

I came back inside because it was sprinkling a bit and did a bit more reading before powering up my new Garmin Foreruner - thanks Mom and Dad for taking the hint - and heading over to Mueller Park for my Monday run. Well, continuing with my good luck today, it started sprinkling right as I was pulling up to the park. I sat in my car for a few minutes contemplating my next move, and I ended up deciding to just suck it up and run, because the marathon on Sunday isn't going to stop bad weather from rolling in. After about a mile and a half, the rain really started picking it, so I was going to call it quits after just two miles, but the rain quickly let up and I was able to run a total of 5.61 miles in just over 48 minutes. That was an 8:38 min/mile pace, which is already faster than my pace this past Saturday. Success!

I'm already obsessed
Lunch

I'm sure you're all surprised to hear that my lunch was a dairy-free pizza. It's truly shocking, isn't it? Sarah so kindly bought me some more of my flatbreads so that I could resume making and eating what has probably turned into my favorite meal. Speaking of recipes, I had a request for a recipes tab, which I think is an awesome idea. I keep saying I will work on making updates and additions to my blog, but I promise that will happen over my spring break, which is just four short weeks away. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

And now I'm off to actually get some studying done before Valentine's Day Club tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS