Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Easy Chicken Dinner

I had a lot of vegetables to use up last night before my trip to the grocery store today, so I sort of threw them all together for a delicious dinner last night before small group.

Trust me when I tell you that it's really easy to make, but I'll walk you through what I did because I promised someone on Instagram that I would post the recipe, and it's been a while since I've posted a (somewhat) new recipe, so now we'll both have it when our vegetables start seeing their last days.

Broccoli
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut your broccoli into florets
3. Put broccoli florets in a bowl and toss with olive oil
4. Sprinkle in some lemon pepper
5. Line on a foil-lined cookie sheet and cook in the oven for 12 minutes

Zucchini and Squash
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice zucchini and squash
3. Optional: cut zucchini and squash in half
4. Place zucchini and squash on a foil-lined cookie sheet
5. Use a brush to lightly coat the zucchini and squash with olive oil
6. Sprinkle lemon pepper on the zucchini and squash
7. Cook in the oven for 8 minutes

Spinach
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat
2. Run spinach under cold water
3. Add spinach to the pan and lift and turn the spinach for a couple of minutes until wilted

Chicken
1. Cut chicken into small pieces
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat
3. Add chicken to the pan and sprinkle with lemon pepper
4. Toss until completely cooked

All of this can really be done simultaneously, so the preparation and cooking process shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. Throw it all together in a bowl, add some salsa, and enjoy!


Now I'm off to turn this Wednesday into a productive one. See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS