Monday, February 18, 2013

An Austin Summer

It's the fifth monday of the spring semester and I truly can't believe how fast time is flying. I saw a post on Facebook today by the Houston Rodeo & Livestock Show that said the start of the 2013 rodeo season is just ONE WEEK away. That blows my mind, because I definitely feel as though this year is just flying by. I only have three school weeks until spring break (hallelujah), but then I think of how much I still have left to do before spring break and I realize that I should probably buckle down and do it.

Breakfast

I slept pretty hard last night, and was not too pleased when my alarm went off this morning. I agreed to babysit for a family that one of my roommates knows from 8:30am-12:30pm, so I needed to get up and get ready to greet the day. Breakfast was pretty easy, as I attempted to make some of my no-bake energy bites last night, but they were not quite as moist (sorry, I know many of y'all hate that word) as usual, so the ones that weren't able to be formed into balls, I threw into the oven and turned into peanut butter granola. It was the perfect breakfast, along with a couple of my egg-white vegetable bars. It fueled me for a long morning of babysitting.


The two girls I babysat were just precious, but every time I babysit, I remember why I am so hesitant to do so. Inevitably, every time I babysit, one of the kids ends up crying, and I find myself willing the clock to go faster. We still had a good time, and they live in a place I am considering living if I find myself in Austin after graduation.

Making some yak
Workout

After babysitting and a quick meeting at SRD (more on that to come in a second), I grabbed a honeycrisp apple and peanut butter, and snacked on a few more things before biking over to Gregory to take advantage of the sunshine and warm weather. Now that my half marathon is over, I can start focusing on my upcoming triathlon - there is a lot of swimming and cycling on the agenda these next few weeks. I snagged a lane all to myself and swam 80 laps in the Austin sunshine before retiring to a lawn chair and reading a bit of my latest book: Captivating. I'm trying this new thing where I read all of the books on my Kindle / in my possession before purchasing any new books. We'll see how long this lasts.


Austin Summer

Now, about my meeting at SRD. I received an email this morning from Jessica, the registrar at my beloved SRD, asking me to come by sometime this week for a meeting with her and Mary, the administrator, regarding summer employment. I had emailed them over Christmas break asking them to keep me in mind if they had any summer availability, and as it turned out, they do, and I am officially working the front desk at SRD 8am-3pm Monday through Friday for the entire summer. This means I will have to stop the application process at the place where I interviewed Friday morning, but I could not be more excited about these summer job plans. SRD has been so good to me, and I will always remain loyal to them. Plus, you can't beat free food from SRD! It's also great because I still have weekends open, allowing me to go home to Houston, take a weekend trip to Galveston to play in a few beach volleyball tournaments with one of my roommates, and to attend the wedding of one of my Young Life teammates. A job that will help me pay for the trips I want to take, and an Austin summer - life is good!


And now I'm off to do the homework that I have yet to touch today. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS