Thursday, February 21, 2013

My First Massage

I don't know what came over me, but yesterday after my cycling class at the gym, I felt exhausted. My body just felt tired and all I really wanted to do was lay on my couch and watch a movie. Unfortunately, schoolwork didn't quite allow me to do that without feeling guilty, but I decided that a little massage was just what I needed. Gregory Gym - our gym on campus - happens to offer 30 minute massages for just $33, so I decided to take the plunge. One of my roommates had gotten one before and just raved about it, so I decided to take the plunge and sign up. More on the actual massage in a minute.

Breakfast

To fuel me through a long day of class, I started off with two Van's Blueberry Waffles, topped with peanut butter, cinnamon, coconut flakes, and dairy-free chocolate chips. The peanut butter mixed with the blueberry is a very.. different taste. Not bad, just not my favorite. I also heated up two of my egg white vegetable bars to eat once I got to class.


After class, I took advantage of the sunny weather and swam 80 laps in the outdoor pool at Gregory. I still had about an hour before my massage, so I took advantage of that time and did a bit of reading, attempting to get a jump start on what I hope will be a very productive weekend.

Massage

The title of my post says this is my first massage, which isn't exactly true. It's my first real massage, but after the first day of the BPMS150 - a bike ride from Houston to Austin - I got a 15-minute massage, mostly for my legs, and I can honestly say that I wasn't sore at all the next day. And that was a good thing considering I still had about 80 miles to go. So, my thought process before scheduling this appointment was that if 15 minutes can make me feel essentially pain-free, a 30-minute massage will do wonders. Not that I was really in pain, but I think all of my recent training endeavors, paired with school, have taken quite the toll on my body. I didn't quite know what to expect from this massage, and I was a little nervous because I am very ticklish, but it felt great. It hurt, but in a good way, if that makes any sense. I feel 110% more relaxed, and my body feels so refreshed. I'd say it was a success, and if you are a UT student, I highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity. Jeff is a rockstar!

And now I'm off to turn this Thursday into a productive one. And DON'T FORGET, there are only TEN MORE DAYS until this special offer for the Pretty Muddy Run expires. Just commit already! Look for some training posts coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS