Tuesday, January 29, 2013

To-Do in 2013

At the beginning of the year, I was devising a list entitled "21 Things Before I'm 21," that would, obviously, be a list of 21 things that I wanted to accomplish before my 21st birthday, which is exactly one week away, by the way. One of the items on that list was running a half marathon, so I was forced to revise my list after the breaking of my toe. I was also having a hard time coming up with things that I wanted to do that I would be able to fit into my school schedule, so I changed up my list, making it a list of things that I want to do anytime in 2013. It doesn't matter when, just as long as I do them on or before December 31st, 2013.

The list will continue to grow throughout the year, but here is what I have for now:
  • Read Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
    • Remember how much I loved the movie? I just have to read the book that inspired it.
(Source)
  • Run a half marathon
    • So far I've run a half in both 2011 and 2012, so it seems that I must continue that trend.
  • Camp at Enchanted Rock
    • Located not too far from Austin, this is a hot spot among outdoorsy Austinites that I have been wanting to visit for quite some time.
(Source)
  • Complete a Triathlon
  • Go an entire day without spending money
    • I'm reading a book right now called One Good Deed a Day, which basically lays out 365 "good deeds" that can easily be done in a day. This is one of them, and I realize that even if I am not eating out, I still spend money on groceries, or gas, or random things that I don't even realize.
  • Take a vacation outside the state of Texas
    • There are a couple of options for achieving this goal, and I promise I will reveal them soon!
  • Take a picture here
    • I discovered this monument online probably two years ago and I still haven't managed to visit it. 2013 will be the year!
(Source)
I know this isn't much, but I will keep adding to the list as the year goes on and I think of new things that I want to do.

Workout

Tonight's workout was nice and sweaty, and a bit new-to-me. Well, spinning isn't a new thing for me, but spinning here in Austin is. I typically shy away from new spin classes because I have my tried and true (aka Felipe's) that no other class seems to be able to match up to. However, if I am training for a triathlon, I need to fit some spinning classes into my workout routine. Tonight was the night, so I put in a couple hours of homework before hitting up the gym for a 5:45pm spin class. It was tough, but it was no Felipe's class, that's for sure. I wasn't counting down the minutes like I usually am in spin classes, and the music wasn't quite as motivating as I would have liked. I'm all about the fast, upbeat, pump you up music, and that is not what I had tonight. All that being said, it was still a good workout and I definitely plan on going back. 

Dinner

Dinner was an old favorite, but with one added ingredient: dairy-free cheese. I made my dairy-free pizza, as I tend to do often, but some might argue that pizza requires one key ingredient: cheese, and being lactose intolerant, I often have to forgo the deliciousness that is cheese. It doesn't usually bother me, except for the fact that I cant' eat queso, but when I saw this dairy-free cheese at Wheatsville Co-op yesterday, I couldn't pass it up. I have found that it is easier and easier to "be dairy-free" these days because almost everything can be (and for the most part, is) made dairy-free.


I made it the exact same way I usually make my dairy-free pizza, I just added in the cheese this time, and I must say, it was delicious. I couldn't even tell that it was dairy-free. But then again, I also haven't had cheese in over two years, so it could just be that I don't remember the taste of real cheese. Either way, it was great! I also topped my pizza with turkey pepperoni, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. It was the perfect post-spin class dinner, for sure.


And now I'm off to work on some research for a debate I have coming up in my adolescent development class, which is turning out to be one of my more entertaining classes I've ever taken. Enjoy your Tuesday evening!

Question of the evening:
  • What's one thing on your 2013 bucket list?
  • Is there anything I should add to mine?
P.S. We are coming up on the LAST DAYS to get the discount code on the Pretty Muddy Run - if you want to sign up, you should do it NOW! Ask me how to get the discount if you're not sure how!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS