Thursday, January 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I absolutely love this Instagram trend. At first I just saw it as an excuse to post pictures of yourself, which it is, but some of the pictures people post of themselves when they were younger are absolutely hilarious. I participate almost every Thursday because I have come across some gems that I believe deserve to be shared with the world.


Me and Samantha - my beloved American Girl Doll 
My brother and I 
One unhappy flower girl
Skorts and tie-dye shirts were my go-to outfit
The reason for this post today is because on Monday, I saw a post from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers titled Elementary School Memories. She got the idea from another blogger, so I decided to follow suit. Julie mentioned this article, and I too have read that article and resonated with (and laughed at) it.

I'll talk about some of my elementary school memories, and believe it or not, a few of my memories resemble hers, despite her being about seven years older than I am.

Lava Monster
I am sure you have all played some variation of this game at one point or another in your life. Basically, one person was pronounced the "monster," and the ground was the lava. Everyone else had to move around on the playground structure, avoiding both the monster and the lava. Basically, it was a more dangerous game of tag.

Stupid
I'm not sure if this is a real game, or if we made it up in elementary school. This game really was stupid, because it called for one person on each of four swings, and the rest of the players lined up on one side of the swing. The goal of the game was to run through the four people on the swings without getting hit by any of them. If you got hit, you became a person on the swing. We had more than a few injuries playing this game, but it always gave us a thrill.
(Source)
Wall Ball
This was easily my favorite way to spend recess, and I think most of my classmates would agree with me. It requires only a tennis ball and some very competitive little kids. We lost more than our fair share of tennis balls to the roof of our school, and that always added a little drama to the game.

Oregon Trail
Hands down the best computer game that was ever invented. I remember playing this during social studies stations, and I feel as though my party always died while crossing the river, or of dysentery. Nonetheless, Oregon Trail was a big part of my elementary school experience.
(Source)
I am toying with the idea of a "Throwback Thursday" post every week because I am running out of surveys for our beloved Survey Sunday, but I also have a couple of other things up my sleeve, so don't worry, I will never leave you guys hanging on a weekly post idea. And now I'm off to class until 2pm. See y'all after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS