Monday, January 14, 2013

Best Body Bootcamp

Happy Monday! It is technically the first day of the spring semester at UT but I don't have class today so I have been busy doing the little things that need to be done before the start of a new semester. I went grocery shopping, picked up a few textbooks, but before that, I started off the semester with a workout.



Remember this past summer when I talked about doing Tina's Best Body Bootcamp? Well, I am officially participating in round four of her butt-kicking bootcamp. It technically started last Monday, but I was planning on waiting until today anyway since I was finishing up my half marathon training, and then my little toe injury happened, so today was day one for me. I didn't follow it exactly, but I started with 20 minutes on the stairmaster before moving on to the weights portion, and finished with 20 minutes on the elliptical. Since I still can't run, this bootcamp seems like something that will prevent me from getting bored with other exercise routines. I am not going to post the entire workout because I don't want to compromise Tina's program, but on the days that I do the bootcamp workout, I will highlight a few exercises that I either really liked, found difficult, or both!

Today's strength workout was fairly short, but it incorporated exercises that I don't normally do on my own. One of which was the ball squat.

(Source)
I did it without weights today, but I think I will try it with weights next time. It was a toughie!

Lunch

Today's lunch officially kicks off my goal to not eat out for an entire month. When I went and visited my volleyball coach, she talked about how she is trying not to spend money for an entire month, and since I am trying to save up for a few trips, I thought I would change it up a bit and try not to eat out for a month, excluding birthdays.

I tend to eat out when I don't feel like cooking, but I buy all of this food at the grocery store and I hate seeing it go bad. Coach A also talked about how she is making note of when she would otherwise spend money - so if I get the urge to go pick up dinner really quick, I would write it down and record how much money I would just waste on eating out, instead of preparing the food that I already have.

Anyway, today's lunch was an old favorite that I hadn't had since last year - my dairy-free pizza. I made it the same way as I always do, and today's toppings featured turkey pepperoni, broccoli, mushrooms, squash, and zucchini. It was delicious, as usual, and I enjoyed it with a honeycrisp apple on the side. I'd say that's a great first lunch of spring semester!


Now I am hoping to enjoy my last day of freedom before taking advantage of add/drop so I can change the time of my government class to get into the same class as one of my roommates. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Workout is a great way to start the spring semester. It’s important that you stay fit even when you’re busy for school. Anyway, I’m sorry about your toe injury. I hope you’re fine now, so that you can continue your marathon training. ->Kristine Remsen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, working out keeps me sane through the midst of a busy school schedule! And thank you, it is completely healed and I am hoping to do the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco this October! :)

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS