Friday, January 18, 2013

Funday Friday

Friday is always a happy day, and it's about to get extra happy because not only do I have a new workout for you, I have a new recipe for you as well.

I was exhausted and feeling a little under the weather last night, so I let myself get almost nine hours of sleep. I woke up feeling great, and after a few too many of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins, I hit the gym for a cardio and leg workout. I started with 30 minutes on the elliptical before completing three rounds of this leg workout.

The ball squats were tough, as were the one-leg sit-downs. My legs were already pretty sore from my run yesterday, so I have a feeling I am going to feel it tomorrow.

After a shower and a honeycrisp apple, I did a bit of reading and then headed out to purchase one of my last course packets. That ended up taking longer than I expected, so when I got home I was in a hurry to make myself lunch. I saw a recipe for sweet potato and kale pizza the other day on Pinterest, and since I currently have spinach and typically have a hard using all of it before it goes bad, I decided to try my hand at it. I made this pizza almost exactly how I make my original dairy-free pizza, just with a couple added ingredients.

Ingredients
  • One whole wheat flatbread
  • Vegetable tomato sauce
  • Turkey pepperoni
  • Handful of spinach/kale
  • Thinly sliced sweet potato
  • Broccoli - cut up
  • Mushrooms - cut up
  • Zucchini squash - cut up
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
2. Spread as much tomato sauce as desired on the dough
3. Spread spinach/kale over the sauce
4. Put pepperoni and sweet potato slices on top of the spinach
5. Spread mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, and squash over the pizza as desired
6. Put in the oven for 20 minutes


Next time I would probably cook the sweet potato in the oven a little bit first before putting it on the pizza, but I was pretty hungry so there wasn't much time for that. All in all, a good recipe that sneaks in a few more vegetables. Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS