Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Survey Sunday

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I tried hard to find a survey that related to the Super Bowl in some way, but my efforts did not pan out. I'm just dropping in to post this before I head back to Houston from Dallas, but I will surely be back with a full weekend recap. Eventually.

But for now, enjoy this little survey that I came across on this fun little blog called Peace, Love, and Oats.


5 Words to Describe Myself:
  • Loyal
  • Active
  • Optimistic
  • Compassionate
  • Determined
4 Favorite Foods:
  • Salmon
  • Grilled chicken salads
  • Frozen yogurt (duh)
  • Dark chocolate
3 Things I’m Most Proud of Accomplishing:
  • Graduating from The University of Texas (with a JOB at a dynamite school!)
  • Completing six half marathons
  • This is very small and recent, but I believe I have mentioned on here that in addition to English classes, I also teach a couple of reading intervention classes, for students who may need a little bit more motivation in that area. I give the students 15 minutes at the beginning of each class period to read any book they want. A lot of my students love The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, so I went out and purchased a few copies of each book in the series. Hey, if they’re going to read, I’m more than willing to shell out the cash. Anyway, one of my most reluctant readers was laughing the other day while he was reading. I was about to scold him, but then he pointed at his book and informed me that it was funny. And after finishing his vocabulary quiz? He picked his book back up. Proud is an understatement.
But truth be told, I’m proud of a lot of things. And I don’t think that’s being arrogant. I’m proud that I graduated from UT with high honors, because I worked hard for what I earned. But I am also proud of the B’s that I came home with, because that means I learned to hold myself to a standard of grace and not perfection. And because I didn’t let myself be a slave to my schoolwork. I’m proud of the way I’ve grown this blog, slowly but surely. I’m proud of myself for coaching my volleyball team to an undefeated district season. What I’m trying to say here is, don’t ever hold back on loving yourself!



2 Favorite Workouts:
  • Running. It’s cheaper than therapy, am I right?
  • Swimming. I love losing myself in the laps, and the (headphones) will make that even easier.

1 Thing to Expect from my Blog:
  • You can expect me in my entirety. I’ll tell upfront that this blog is not deep or philosophical or full of anything that will necessarily move you in any way (okay, sometimes it might). But you can expect the fun, the exciting, the mundane, a recipe and a workout thrown in here and there, and you can expect the unexpected, because you never really know what this life will throw at you.
And that’s all I’ve got for now! I hope you are settling in and getting ready for a fun Super Bowl experience. Don’t get me wrong, I love football as much as the next person, but I’m not super thrilled about it this year. So I’ll watch for the commercials and the halftime show, but I’ll probably be asleep before the game is even over. Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS