Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fitness Survey

Just popping in for a quick post before I head off to Sunday brunch with Amira, but be sure to check back later for what I (hope) will be a Sunday afternoon surprise, as I am sure you have already noticed that things are looking a little different around here. But until I've finalized everything, enjoy what I've got thus far!

What do you do regularly to feel good about your body?
Run. Swim. Rollerblade. Play volleyball. Walk. Take the stairs. Drink water. Eat healthy. All of these things help me to have body confidence.



Have you ever taken part in a fad diet or workout?
There isn't anything that is coming to mind. I never got into the CrossFit thing, and dieting has never really appealed to me. Mainly because I don't like to tell myself I can't have something, as that will only make me want it even more. I've never done paleo or gluten-free, I've never juiced, nor have I ever done a cleanse. I think the closest I can come to a fad workout is P90X, when some of my freshman year dormmates and me decided to invest in the program as a way of negating our delicious dorm food. That lasted all of about five workouts. But I did, and I still do, really enjoy 12-minute abs!

Do you use fitness apps?
I do not. Mainly because my phone informs me probably every day that I am almost out of storage. And I'm not entirely sure how that has happened, but I digress. Because I track my mileage on my Garmin, and I get any other fitness inspiration from Pinterest or by reading my favorite healthy living blogs, I don't see a reason to have one. But, if you guys have any fitness apps that you swear by, I'm always looking for a new workout routine!

What’s a go-to race-day meal?
Peanut butter and banana on an English muffin or whole wheat toast, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon. That's been my pre-race (10K or longer) meal from the very beginning, and it has not yet let me down.


Do you listen to music to get pumped up before races?
I have my running playlist on Spotify that I listen to when I run, but now that I think about it, I don't really listen to any music before the race. I guess I listen to whatever they have playing at the race, which is usually pretty good if I do say so myself. Can't go wrong with Shake It Off or Uptown Funk.

Any good luck charms or pre-race rituals?
I don't have any good luck charms, but I do typically wear my hair pulled back in a French braid with a headband to hold back my stray hairs. And as for pre-race rituals, I mainly just make sure I have enough time to go to the bathroom before the race starts, because there is nothing worse than having to go to the bathroom while running. Just saying.


When do you feel sexiest?
Is this supposed to be a workout-related answer? Because while working out makes me feel good, I certainly don't feel sexy immediately after a workout. Remember yesterday when I talked about how much I sweat? Yeah, I'm a sight for sore eyes.

Enjoy your Oscar Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS