Sunday, February 8, 2015

Random Survey

I’ve been a bad blogger. I didn’t post a Things I’m Loving Friday Post, and though I had all the time in the world yesterday, I didn’t post yesterday, either. I can’t say that I did much yesterday, and I also can’t say that was a bad thing. This entire week I’ve felt extra tired, so it was nice to just lounge around for the majority of the day. But I didn’t lounge around all day. I did go for a 7.1 mile run around my neighborhood, and I also picked up my car from the shop, that thankfully didn’t have any major issues.


It was a real welcome into the year of 23 when my check engine oil light lit up on my way to school Friday morning, but that false alarm ended up being a blessing in disguise, as my front brakes were absolutely shot. Nothing major, thankfully, because I’m not quite ready to start making car payments!

Anyway, I know I missed Things I’m Loving Friday, but I will stick with our regularly scheduled Survey Sunday. So, let’s get it going! This one is kind of random, but fun nonetheless. Enjoy!

Household chore I actually enjoy doing: This might be really weird, but I actually love cleaning the bathroom. Sarah and I used to almost fight over who would get to clean the bathroom. Though I don’t love cleaning the bathtub, whoops! I also don't mind hand washing dishes, but I would rather do a bunch at one time, so the dishes might pile up a bit before I manage to get going.

Biggest house disaster: I feel bad answering this, because it's not technically my house. It belongs to my parents. I just have a room here. But I also can't answer it because our house isn't one bit a disaster, it's just lived in. And that's not my way of saying it's messy, because it really isn't. But I will say that I have sort of taken over dining room table with all of my books and papers and pencils and pens and jewelry and race bibs and to-do lists and lots of other things that probably shouldn't be there. But if we only eat in there on Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's okay if I claim it as mine the rest of the year, right?


Before company arrives, I hide: I'll answer this one in regards to my actual room. I'm thinking of one specific day when my friends Sam, Alex, and Corey came over, and it was a bit of a surprise to me. Before they walked into my room I made sure to stash any neglected clothes under my bed, because sometimes I maybe don't always hang my clothes back up after I've tried them on and neglected them? Whoops!

Most recent music download: I'm loving this old school download - Crazy For This Girl. Was anyone else a Dawson's Creek fan? I didn't watch it regularly, but if I saw it was on while flipping through channels, I would keep it there.

(Source)
The last thing I bought online: I may or may not have taken advantage of the Kendra Scott additional 15% off all sale items. But the color was so unique that I just couldn't live without them! I'm just kidding, of course I could live without them. But the earrings I purchased were a good deal. And I wish I could find a picture of them for you, but I guess you'll just have to wait in anticipation until I get them in the mail.

I hate to shop for: Hardware. I'm not sure if that's a thing, but honestly my least favorite places in the entire world might be places like ACE Hardware and Home Depot. I used to dread going those places with my dad when I was younger, and though I actually grew to kind of like Home Depot a little bit, I always just felt so overwhelmed in there. I'm sure it was very obvious that I didn't know what I was doing, and DIY projects are absolutely not my strong suit. 

Favorite family ritual: Honestly, I'm going to have to go with the nightly game of Wheel of Fortune that my parents carve out time for each evening. If I'm home when it's on, you better believe I'm playing along with them. I have yet to win, but I am usually doing other things at the same time, if that counts for anything.

I sleep in: a big t-shirt and either pajama pants or shorts. Or maybe leggings. It just depends on the night.

I have style crush on: I'm not so sure I can answer this question. I have a very classic style that I don't really model after anyone. I will say that I follow Anthropologie on Instagram (surprised?), and I do find myself gasping and saying, "Oh, that's a really cute outfit" on the daily, but my sense of style is very limited. 
 
One of my go-to sweaters (and my students can attest to that)
Warning: This picture is from almost three years ago
I’m currently reading: I've just barely started reading Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point. I also just purchased a copy of American Sniper from Target, and I cannot wait to start reading it. Because let's be real, the chances of me actually going to see the movie are slim to none. And I have a whole list of books I hope to read ... maybe over the summer when I have some more free time?


What’s up with the ________ trend? Starter Pack. I'm not sure if that's even a thing anymore, but for a while I saw captions on a group of four photos that would be something like, "The Procrastination Starter Pack," or "The Monday Morning Starter Pack," or "The White Girls Starter Pack" (#basic), and I guess I just never understood where it even came from! A lot of trends I can get behind, but that one seemed to come out of the blue.

How did I ever live without… A foam roller. No really. This little runner has been experiencing different aches and pains throughout this year of more running than ever before. Nothing serious, but I'm certainly feeling the extra use. Which I'm taking as a good thing, because it's alerting me to the importance of stretching and rolling - two things I never used to take the time to do.

And I hope your Sunday is a great one. I'm hoping to post this and then be productive, productive, productive, as I didn't get quite as much done yesterday as I had hoped, and I want to have all of my loose ends tied before spending what I hope will be a beautiful weekend in Austin this upcoming weekend. Talk to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS