Friday, January 11, 2013

Pancake Recipe

Happy Friday! My Friday morning started out like every Friday morning should: with pancakes! All throughout my school career, my dad's pancakes stole the breakfast show. He made them for my brother and me for every TAKS test, because teachers always emphasized getting a good breakfast. The smell of pancakes wafted up to my room and I was downstairs downing chocolate chip pancakes before the sun even rose.

Well, today was much of the same, just with a bit of a different recipe. Not my recipe, but still. It's a new-to-me recipe. I'd like to say that these chocolate chip pancakes looked a little bit healthier. My YoungLife team leader actually sent me this recipe, and the picture made the pancakes look so good that I knew I had to try my hand at them soon. Soon came today and I'm glad it did because they were absolutely delicious.
(Source)
I used the coconut oil over the canola oil, and left out the milk, mainly because our almond milk was a bit questionable. I sprinkled in my dairy-free chocolate chips at the last minute and they absolutely stole the show. I'll definitely be making these again soon!


Flaxseed meal - used to make flax egg
Flaxseed meal + water 

One tip I have for you if you decide to make them is to not leave the pancakes on the griddle for too long, because my first round came out a little bit burned. I would cook them for 30-45 seconds on each side, tops, when the stove is on medium heat. I will have to make a few adjustments in figuring out how to make the batter a bit less runny, therefore making them easier to flip, and exactly what temperature to heat the stove, but for a first attempt, I would consider them to be a success.
They don't quite look like the picture but they were tasty!
The rest of my day consists of running last-minute errands, picking up my half marathon race packet, and venturing to a new frozen-yogurt establishment. Sounds like a good last Friday of freedom to me! See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS