Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Round Two

Two posts in one day - I'm not sure what has gotten into me! But in an effort to make up for all of the days there hasn't been a post, and to combat the cold and dreary weather that has me wanting to do nothing more than lounge around my house, I present you with two posts in one day. How lucky can y'all get?

I have probably posted some variation of this survey in the past, but it has been a while since I've posted any sort of survey, so when I saw this survey posted by Peanut Butter Fingers, I knew it would have to make a blog appearance this Sunday. So, without further ado, here's a little bit about me.
  • What was your go-to food or snack as a child?
I was the world's pickiest eater as a child, so I pretty much lived on Spaghetti-O's and Apple Juice. And not only did I drink canned Apple Juice, but I would only drink it warm. Appetizing, right?

(Source)
  • What got you interested in health/fitness?
As someone who has played sports her (I love referring to myself in the third person) entire life, I've always been interested in health and fitness, but I really became interested in it once my volleyball career came to an end. I'll be honest - it grew mostly out of a fear of gaining weight and getting out of shape due to not having a sport to play, but now it's such a huge part of my life that my day doesn't feel complete without some sort of exercise, and I love being able to work towards a new goal.

  • You’re stuck on an island for a month and can only eat three foods. What would they be?
Talk about a tough question! I'd have to say apples, my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins, and carrots+hummus (that can count as one food, right?).

  • Favorite and least favorite body part to train?
Favorite = Legs
Least favorite = Triceps
  • Favorite and least favorite health or fitness fads?
I don't think I have a favorite health fad, and as far as fitness fads go, I'm not a huge crossfitter (and I don't have much room to talk because I've only done it once or twice), but I would like to learn how to implement TRX into my workouts.
Least favorite = I'll copy this answer and say the whole low/no carb thing. I'm certainly not about it. I heart bread!

  • What is the hardest workout you have ever done?
Yet another tough question! I honestly don't think I can answer this question, because I've done a bunch of hard workouts, and though I curse them while I'm doing them, I secretly love them. One workout in particular that comes to mind is the Insanity workout at Lifetime Fitness. That one is KILLER, especially when you haven't done those kinds of plyometric movements in a while (four years, give or take).
  • What is the first movie that made you cry?
Wow, I don't even know! I cry in a lot of movies so I really couldn't tell you what the first movie that made me cry was. I will say that I even cried while watching Cheaper by the Dozen, so I'm not entirely sure what that says about me.
  • Your #1 pet peeve?
Tardiness. This answer will likely never change.
  • Your dream job?
Talk about good timing for this question, as I have less than three months until I graduate college and make my grand entrance into the real world. I do want to be a teacher, but I don't think it's what I will do forever. Obviously, I love writing, creating healthy recipes, and fitness, so I would love some sort of job that incorporates all three of those things. And if we're talking dream job, something that allows me to travel would also be ideal.
  • Freckles or Dimples?
I've got one dimple on the left side of my face (which might be why I prefer my left to my right), and I find dimples to be the cutest part of someone's face. And I never had many freckles as a child, despite always wishing I did.

Dimpled pair

And I cannot end this post without a HUGE HUGE HUGE congratulations to my roommate and fellow future English teacher, Sarah, who got ENGAGED yesterday. She and Patrick have been dating since high school, and though I have only met him a few times, I absolutely love the two of them, and I could not be more excited for their future lives together. Froomies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS