Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mango Shrimp Dish

Happy Sunday! Sorry that it's been a week since I've last posted, because although this week wasn't quite as busy as other weeks have been, I was out of commission for a couple of days due to a lingering cold. My head felt as though it weighed about 100 pounds on Tuesday night, but I have felt significantly better with each passing day, so I'm almost completely back to normal by this point.

And again, I won't bore you with a day-by-day recap of this past week (not that much happened, aside from going to school during the day and lying in bed with my computer open in front of me in the evenings), but instead I will share a newly created recipe with you guys, and I'm anticipating it to be a great one. And if it doesn't taste great, at least it's colorful!

Ingredients
  • Mini peeled shrimp (amount varies)
  • 1 bag brussels sprouts
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 squash
  • 7 thin asparagus spears (or more depending on your preference)
  • 2 top-fulls of peanuts
  • 1 tomato (sliced)
  • 1/4 onion (sliced)
  • 1/4 mango (sliced)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Lemon Pepper
  • Rosemary
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Slice and chop zucchini, squash, brussels sprouts, peanuts, and asparagus, and place in a large bowl
  • PEANUTS NOTE: I simply take the top off of the container of peanuts and pour two rounds of peanuts into it


3. Cover with olive oil, lemon pepper, and rosemary, and stir until everything is well-coated



4. Spread vegetables in a foil-lined baking pan sprayed with cooking spray



5. Slice onion, tomato, and mango and sprinkle over vegetables



6. Spread shrimp evenly on top of the fruit and vegetables



6.5 (Optional) Sprinkle additional lemon pepper on top of shrimp
7. Cook for 28 minutes in the oven
8. Enjoy!




This was such an easy dish to prepare, and it was perfect for using up all of my leftover ingredients before I head home for spring break next week. I can't wait to eat it (topped with salsa, of course)!

Have a great rest of your Sunday. It's cold and rainy here in Austin, though it started out hot and humid, dropping 20 degrees in just 30 minutes. Not the ideal Texas Independence Day weather, but hey, it's still a great day nonetheless. To quote a line from one of my main men right now, John Steinbeck, "Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." Texas Forever, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS