Sunday, February 23, 2014

Grateful

I know, it's been almost a week since I've last posted. But this past week has been a pretty crazy one in terms of teaching and class assignments and other little random things. So, instead of taking you through a boring day-by-day replay of the past week, I'm going to do something a little bit different.

It's not like I haven't done something like this before, in terms of writing out and sharing what I am thankful for, but there's no rhyme or reason to this one (ie, Thanksgiving), except that my heart is feeling overwhelmingly grateful for so many things this week.

So, I'm thankful for professors and English classes that challenged me and taught me something, and prepared me for my English certification exam, because I passed with flying colors, and I can now officially become a high school English teacher. I'm thankful for sweet catch-up with the small group I've been walking with since the very start of freshman year.

I'm thankful for sweet surprises whilst on my crazy Thursday bike ride to campus that instantly elevate my mood. I'm thankful for sunshine and laughter and swimming laps in February (I'm even thankful for my ever-present one-piece tan).

I'm thankful for date nights, food made dairy-free especially for me, and someone who doesn't let me skip dessert.








I'm thankful for cheesy chick-flicks, late night conversations, Wednesday phone calls with Gram, and handwritten notes.




I'm thankful for birthday cards, a roommate who makes my bed for me, swing dancing, sunsets and Mt. Bonnell, Austin Stone Community Church, and most of all, tetelestai.




I'm thankful for Westwood sophomores, Anderson freshman girls, seeing high school best friends, if even only for a minute, exciting opportunities, sharing my story, speaking truth, real conversations, and breaking down walls.

I'm thankful for how well other people love me, and how they inspire me to love other people. This weekend has been full of wonderful food, people, weather, and conversations, and I'm exponentially thankful for it as I begin what will likely be another crazy week. I hope your weekend has been just as joyful, and that you finish it off on the best note possible. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS