Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Feelin' 22

I don't know about you, I'm feelin' 22, and if you don't know where that comes from, I would go ahead and stop reading this blog post. But I will tell you that it's mystical and magical, oh yeah!



Okay, now that I got that out of my system, we'll continue with the normal schedule of events - starting with a workout! I couldn't start out my 22nd lap around the sun (shout out to Sarah for that one) without a good workout. Plus, as I was scheduled to makeup my English Language Arts certification exam at 8:30am, I knew it would be a good brain-booster. Plus, as a morning workout is part of my daily routine now, my morning wouldn't feel complete without it. So, I hit the gym nice and early so that I would have plenty of time to complete this treadmill workout, covering 5.4ish miles in 45 minutes. 


Not a bad way to start out the day!

Breakfast

I came home to quickly shower, get dressed (for success, meaning yoga pants and my hair piled up in a bun on top of my head), and open some of the birthday cards I had so patiently saved. As you all probably know, I absolutely LOVE cards and notes, so it was hard for me to wait to open them, but I knew it would be made all the more special if I waited for my actual birthday to open and read them.

Can you tell that I like pink?
I left my house just around 7:20am, as I had to be at the testing center by 8:00am. It took me just over 10 minutes to get there, but I had plenty of time to eat my usual breakfast of scrambled egg whites and spinach, with a side of sliced mango and sliced strawberries, all the while jamming out to Taylor Swift's '22' to get myself pumped to sit through a three-hour exam.




Once in the testing center, I ate two large cuties that would hopefully hold me over for the duration of the exam. My test proctor seated us starting with the end of the alphabet, so I was the second person to be seated, meaning I got to begin taking the exam around 8:15am. I took a little over an hour and a half for the 90 multiple choice questions, and a little under an hour and a half for the literary analysis, finishing in just about three hours. As far as the overall test is concerned, while I felt fairly confident about the multiple choice, the essay is anybody's game, so we'll see what my results say when I get them in about a month!

Lunch

After lunch I headed back home to the Clubhouse to drop off my belongings (and change into something a bit more presentable), before picking Dylan up from campus so that we could go to lunch. We decided on Cabo Bob's Burritos, just North of campus, which I have had a couple of times before, but I had never been to the actual restaurant. Nor had I ever had one of the burritos - which as the word 'burrito' is found in the name of the restaurant, you have to know that it's going to be pretty good. Dylan talked me into getting a burrito (though I am typically not the burrito type), and it turned out to be an excellent choice.



After much deliberation, I went with the Ancho Chili tortilla, stuffed with black beans, chicken, grilled onions, grilled squash, lettuce, cilantro, and red salsa. I was pretty hungry after sitting through that exam, so I ate every last bite. Though I can say with almost 100% certainty that I could finish off a whole burrito any day of the week.



As I am usually at Westwood during the lunch hour, it was nice to be able to have lunch with Dylan. Since I wasn't sure how long the exam was going to take me, I told my teacher that I probably wouldn't make it to school today. And since I didn't have to teach today anyway, I figured it wouldn't hurt to take the day off. So a lunch date with Dylan was certainly in the books.

The remainder of my afternoon has been spent completing a nice list of chores and trying to get caught up for the week. My sophomores just turned in their college research papers, so I have quite a bit of grading ahead of me. However, the few that I have already read have really been a lot of fun to read, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them. Have a GREAT rest of your Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS