Monday, February 17, 2014

Shrimp Fajita Vegetable Dish

Happy Monday, party people! I was really on a roll with these blog posts, so I apologize for my lack of a post yesterday. This post will be short and sweet, or more so savory, but it's a new post nonetheless.

This weekend I created a semi-new recipe, that substituted a few new ingredients in my common pineapple chicken and vegetable dish. Shrimp is the star of this dish, and it has a bit of a Tex-Mex flair to it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb shrimp (I bought ready-to-cook shrimp)
  • 2 bell peppers
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 squash
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1/2 pineapple
  • Lemon pepper
  • Cumin
  • Garlic powder
  • Chili powder
  • Olive oil
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Line baking pan with foil and grease with cooking spray
  • Slice bell peppers, zucchini, and squash, and place in a large bowl
  • Top with olive oil and lemon pepper and mix well
  • Spread vegetables into foil-lined baking pan
  • Slice onion and sprinkle throughout vegetables
  • Spread shrimp on top of vegetables
  • Sprinkle lemon pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder throughout mixture
  • Slice pineapple into rings or cut into chunks; top shrimp with pineapple
  • Cook for 28-30 minutes
  • Enjoy!


The beauty of this dish is that you can eat it bowl-style, or you can grab your favorite tortillas and add-ins (guacamole, shredded lettuce, sour cream, black beans, salsa), and enjoy some delicious shrimp tacos. I, of course, plan on topping this dish with salsa, but I do have some tortillas that are calling my name. Healthy and full of flavor - it doesn't get much better than that! Have a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS