Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Black Swan Yoga

Six hours of class, and a minor panic attack about what I am going to do with the rest of my life calls for some hot, sweaty yoga. You have probably figured out by now that I am not a frequenter of yoga, but every once and a while I appreciate the stretch and relaxation it provides. That was exactly what I needed last night, so I made my way over to Black Swan and joined the 10:30 Sweaty Yoga class.
(Source)

I usually leave the class asking myself why I just subjected myself to that, because I'm not very flexible and the poses are difficult for me, but I actually loved the class last night. I was sweating the entire time, but I could actually do the moves that were asked of me. I felt like I was getting the good stretch that my body was asking for. I did modify a few of the positions so as to not put a lot of pressure on my newly-heeled toe, but for the most part, I really enjoyed myself and I know I say this a lot, but I do hope to make yoga a part of my regular exercise routine. I'll try for once every two weeks for now, and then see how that goes!

Breakfast

This morning will be dedicated to the homework that I did not do while I was researching different job options during my quick stint of thinking that I don't actually want to become a teacher. I do, but thinking about next year really intimidates me. But I realize that no one knows exactly what they want to do, and how are we supposed to know? I'm staying on the teacher path, because that's what I've wanted to do since I was in the third grade, but I never want to limit my options. Just your regular Tuesday afternoon thoughts.

That being said, breakfast today was a (somewhat) new one. This recipe sort of spins off the 2-ingredient pancakes, but this recipe caught my eye while I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, mainly because it called for egg whites and I just opened my new carton of them so I need as many recipes as possible that call for egg whites. And be sure to check out The Slender Student - she has some great recipes and workout ideas!


Ingredients
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 3 tbsp egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • Sprinkle of cinnamon
  • Handful of carob chips
Directions
1. Put the stove on medium-low heat and spray your non-stick pan with PAM cooking spray, or some alternative
2. Mash your banana and mix in the egg whites, baking powder, and cinnamon
3. Spoon your pancakes onto the pan, sprinkling the carob chips on top of the batter
4. Let the pancakes cook for 1-2 minutes before flipping
5. Enjoy!


The next item on my to-do list is to learn how to flip pancakes so that they look pretty
I would love to play around with this recipe more and try other add-ins, such as chopped walnuts or pecans, blueberries, or maybe even peanut butter.

And because I knew these pancakes wouldn't have as much holding power as I would like, I warmed up two of my egg white vegetable bars, and ate those along with a handful of grapes. A satisfying breakfast that should fuel me through the rest of the morning.

Happy hump day!

3 comments:

  1. I love black swan yoga. My best friend and I used to frequent there all the time back when she lived in Austin with me. Unfortunately she moved and I don't have a yoga buddy anymore.

    I made flourless pancakes today for lunch! They were so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man! That's a bummer- let me know if you go, we can have a little blogger meet-up at BSY!

      What are some of your other Austin favorites?

      Delete
  2. Photo of Hulk is awesome and a very good combination with the post too ! Checkout this General Fitness for getting more knowledge about fitness !

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS