Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An Unexpected Run

I've lived in Texas my whole life, so I should have already come to terms with the fact that the weather has a mind of its own. Yet, I still find myself shocked when it's 80 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next. So, while I went to bed last night with the intention of getting up early to workout, I was so cold this morning when I woke up that the only thing I could think to do was make pancakes. Logical flow of thoughts, I know. So, I made the same pancakes that I made last Wednesday and though they tasted just as good as they did last week, they didn't look any better, meaning I still need to work on my pancake-flipping skills.


I also indulged in a whole other smorgasbord of things, which is what prompted my late morning workout. I dropped a roommate off at class and headed in the direction of Mt. Bonnell to complete, you guessed it, my Mt. Bonnell workout. The weather was seriously perfect, so though the ten rounds of stairs nearly killed me, the weather made it much more bearable.


I then drove over to Town Lake, planning on walking the three-mile loop, but at the last second I decided to run it. Like I said, the weather was beautiful and I hadn't run in a few days, so, why not? The wind was in full force , but I managed to complete the three-mile loop in about 26 minutes. Not too bad, and though I still have that annoying "cold weather run" feeling in my throat, it felt great!



Once I got home, I worked on a quick English assignment, showered, and whipped up a lunch that looked identical to last night's dinner. I'm definitely a creature of habit, but it tasted great, so I plan on spending the rest of this beautiful day doing homework, going to my first small group of the semester, and working on the debate that I'm participating in tomorrow. I know that I want to be a teacher, but I absolutely dread the thought of getting up and speaking in front of my peers. Plus, I'm arguing for something with which I don't necessarily agree. I'm "broadening my horizons" though, right?
You can actually see the cheese a little bit in this picture
I hope it's as beautiful where you are as it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS