Thursday, January 10, 2013

Texas Forever

***WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! So if you don't want any part of the series to be ruined, you may not want to continue reading***

Well, it has finally happened. My Friday Night Lights experience has finally come to an end. It was a great ride, and I don't regret one minute of the almost 54 hours that was spent watching this show. I became far too emotionally invested in the characters lives and relationships, and got way too wrapped up in the football games featuring both the Dillon Panthers and the East Dillon Lions.
(Source)
This show is so much more than a "football show," though it certainly has some exciting football moments. There was so much I loved about the show, but I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible without going overboard. There is so much that could be said about this show that displays so much heart, so much realism, and so much emotion, and if any of you are looking for a new show, I'm sure you're not surprised to hear that I absolutely recommend this one.

Eric and Tami Taylor
A wonderful (and beautiful) couple, who dealt with and worked through actual problems. Eric Taylor coached the Dillon Panthers to a state championship, and later coaches the East Dillon Lions to a championship as well. More than just coaching football, he molded men. He took those boys under his wing and cared for them in ways they may have never experienced before. And Tami Taylor, his beautiful wife who loves her wine and saying "y'all," stands up for what she believes in and mentors students at both Dillon and East Dillon High. I like to think they will eventually move back to Texas, and I absolutely love their relationship. All I can say is, if I grow up to be like Tami Taylor, I would consider myself to be a success.

(Source) 
(Source)
Tim Riggins
The bad boy, rarely without a beer in hand. The long hair doesn't really do it for me, but that hair is Tim Riggins. Incredible football player, devoted best friend and brother, and the character you can't help but grow to love more and more as the show progresses. He loves Texas and coins the famous phrase, "Texas forever."

(Source)
(Source)
Matt and Julie
I am obsessed with Matt Saracen. I love Matt and the relationship he has with his grandma, the way he handles himself, the way he hesitates and is unsure of himself, how scared he is of Coach Taylor, and the way he loves Julie Taylor. They are such a cute, pure couple and Matt proposing to Julie at the Alamo Freeze with his grandmother's ring was one of the best moments in the entire series.
(Source) 
(Source)
And lastly, I loved the final tributes to each one of the main characters in the final minutes of the final episode (that was a lot of finals). If the rest of the episode hadn't brought tears, these final moments definitely should.
(Source)
(Source)
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose. Texas Forever, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS