Thursday, January 3, 2013

Austin, Day Two

After waking up in what felt like a sauna around 8:00 this morning, Amira and I were ready to hit the ground running for our last few hours of Austin adventures. We popped the last few energy bites in our mouths and headed out for an early morning walk at Town Lake. It was cold, but thankfully there was no wind, making our walk very enjoyable. Naturally, we snapped pictures every few minutes, and I was able to admire just how beautiful and peaceful Austin really is in the morning.







New graffiti

Ghost bikes 

Christmas fun 

Sup ATX
 After a solid three-mile walk, we drove the couple hundred yards to a place I have been dying to try for a while, but hadn't yet: Juiceland, a hole-in-the-wall juice bar with tons of options and friendly workers. Amira and I both opted for The Home Run - a smoothie that featured strawberries, bananas, and apple juice, and I think we would both tell you that they were delicious. It tasted so natural and healthy, though it definitely didn't help warm me up at all! 







Amira and I being artsy
Since we were in the area, and Amira is a big coffee fan, I decided to take her to Mozart's, a coffee shop and bakery with beautiful views overlooking Lake Austin.






We then made a quick stop at Central Market on our way back to the Clubhouse so that I could stock up on some carob chips to take back to Houston with me. I also snagged a few honeycrisp apples to take home with me because our stock was running low.



It was then time to get on the road back to Houston. It was a short trip, but a great trip that contained many of my Austin favorites. As sad as I always am to leave Houston and my family at the end of a long break, Austin is a pretty great place to go.

Workout

I got home around 2:00 this afternoon, so after a bit of relaxation, uploading photos, and digging into my newly purchased honeycrisp apples, it was time for a run. My half is TEN days away, and it's officially crunch time. I headed out for a rather chilly run around my neighborhood. I ran for 43 minutes, so I would guess I ran somewhere between four and fives miles. Not too shabby, especially considering the fact that I usually abandon any and all ideas of working out on days that I drive home from Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS