Tuesday, January 1, 2013

This Is 40 and 2013

"Tomorrow (today) is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one." - Brad Paisley

Happy New Year! I can't believe that it's 2013. Where, oh where has the time gone? Last night's weather wasn't ideal, but I made the most of it by meeting Gayle and one of her friends, Alex, who goes to A&M with her, at City Centre for a full night of fun. We ate dinner at Cyclone Anaya's, where I ordered a bowl of black bean soup and ate every last bite. Though it wasn't actually cold outside, I pretended like it was and warmed myself up with a hearty bowl of soup.


After dinner we headed over to Studio Movie Grille for a 7:30 showing of This Is 40, which I thought was going to be hilarious, but it ended up being one of the raunchier movies I have seen in a while. It was funny, but not a movie I would choose to see again. I really wanted to see Les Mis, but had we seen that, we would have missed ringing in the new year. I am hoping to see Les Mis before I return to Austin, but I also really want to read the book first. Oh, the struggles!

After the movie, Gayle, Alex, and I headed over to Eddie V's to enjoy some dessert while watching the ball drop. Well, the LSU game took precedence over the ball dropping in Times Square, but that didn't stop us from enjoying delectable desserts. Alex opted for the Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake, while Gayle and I went for the sorbet, blackberry and strawberry, respectively.


I downed that sorbet, and I am already ready for my next trip back to Eddie V's, mainly so I can indulge in more of that sorbet. I think I decided that when my parents come to Austin for my 21st, I want them to take me to Eddie V's. That way I can eat some delicious seafood (my favorite), enjoy some delicious dessert, and of course, try something off of their extensive selection of wine. Hey, you only turn 21 once!

After we polished off our dessert, we headed down to the grassy area where we were met with a whole lot of people. We squeezed our way into the middle of the crowd where we counted down to 2013 and watched a wonderful fireworks show. I am anticipating 2013 to be a great year, because I have the world's greatest guardian angel watching over me.

Gayle and I 

I went to sleep around 2:00 in the morning after doing a bit of reading - some things never change - and woke up a little before 10:00 this morning. I was supposed to run in the Commitment Day 5K, but it was raining a bit this morning, the race was downtown, and I decided to sleep in and do my running later in the day.

So after I finished my first book of 2013, I headed out for a 50-minute run in my neighborhood. My run this morning felt awesome, and I am starting to get really excited for my half that is quickly approaching. I even created the perfect half marathon playlist that I will be sure to share with you guys in the next few days.


I am off to run a few errands before I make the drive back to Austin tomorrow. I am just staying for the night, but I am excited to hit up some of my favorite spots. See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS