Thursday, January 10, 2013

Half Marathon Playlist

I was doing so well at blogging every day, until I hit a two-day hiatus. There just hasn't been much to report in the way of workouts or exciting activities - basically I have been biking and watching Friday Night Lights. I only have three episodes left and though I'm dying to finish it, I don't want it to end. Dillon, Texas forever! On the toe front, it was feeling much better yesterday, but it is back to feeling a little bit sore today, and my right foot is definitely a bit bruised and swollen, but as of right now, I'm planning to run on Sunday. It's probably going to be a very last-minute decision, but I am going to go about my days as if I am for sure going to run it. That means either a bike or swim is in the books for today, with tomorrow being a rest and hydration day.

Anyway, remember how I talked about needing to craft the perfect half marathon playlist in order to fuel me through 13.1 long miles of downtown Houston? Well, I finally sat down to create it, and I had been listening to it on my most recent runs, pre-toe injury, just to make sure that it actually motivates me to keep running. It does, and I'm confident that if I do run on Sunday, it will keep me running no matter what my toe is telling me to do.


Let's hope this pushes me to the finish line, because it's been over a year since I've run 13.1 consecutive miles!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday! I plan on getting in a workout, watching some more Friday Night Lights, and tonight I am serving on a panel for admitted students and their families, basically just answering any questions they may have and talking about my experience at UT. Can't beat that!

2 comments:

  1. what are you going to watch when friday night lights comes to a end? and do you (or any of your readers) have any suggestions of the next thing to watch on netflix, im always on the lookout
    and of course give us a full review of your run sun.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I might go back to doing some reading, as I really shouldn't invest myself in a new show at the start of a new semester! I've heard Breaking Bad and Mad Men are two really good shows - though I am thinking of starting How I Met Your Mother, Downton Abbey, or Pretty Little Liars.
      And let's hope I can actually do the run! Fingers crossed!

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS