Friday, January 4, 2013

Productive Friday

Normally I would be excited about the idea that it is Friday, but as Christmas break is quickly coming to a close, I find myself wishing time would s-l-o-w down a bit. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to going back to Austin and all of the shenanigans that are sure to occur with my roommates and YoungLife team, but the thought of entering into another semester of countless papers and assignments is not always the most enticing.

Anyway, I thought I was going to wake up at 7:00 this morning and run an errand before hitting the MAC for a 9:15am spin class. Well, I slept in until 8:00, and went for a little less than six-mile run around my neighborhood. Running is feeling good these days, and I can't believe I only have NINE days until my third half marathon.

Once I returned from my run, I headed out to cross a whole slew of things off of my "To Do Before Leaving Houston" list. First on the list, a stop at CHASE bank to deposit some money into my account. I ran a little baking business over the holidays and my bank account was very happy with that fun source of income.





Next up, a trip to the post office to finally return some textbooks that I rented at the beginning of the semester. Better late than never, right? Anyway, after waiting in line I was quickly informed that I needed to take my box to a UPS store, not the post office. The things you learn when you take on adult responsibilities.


After my post office faux pas, I headed downtown to pick up some postcards to send to admitted UT students in the Houston area. I signed up to do this forever ago and I just now remembered to pick them up. Luckily, they're pretty easy to do, and I only have nine left. Plus, it feels good to welcome new students to the Longhorn family!



On the way home I found myself a UPS store and dropped off my rented textbooks. I was in the Town and Country area, so I decided to stop at Ulta to pick up some mascara I have been eyeing, as well as Bath and Body Works to stock up on my favorite Christmas fragrance. Not only was it still in stock, it was way on sale. Score!



I stopped by my house to grab a quick lunch before heading back out the door to get my car washed. I couldn't tell you the last time I got my car washed, so this was long overdue. It had been so long that I didn't even realize that Bubbles has you stay in the car while they wash the outside. I always loved that as a kid, and I enjoyed it today. And, I finally have a clean car!

There was one more errand to run before I could finally park myself on the couch and go back to my non-productive ways. I'm contemplating going back up to the MAC to do some weights before I return home to watch the 2013 Cotton Bowl game - the Aggies of Texas A&M vs. the Sooners of Oklahoma - a Longhorn's worst nightmare. I'm not sure whether to root for Texas or for the Big 12. All I'm asking for is a good football game, okay, and maybe a final score of 0-0.


Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

Articles of possible interest:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS