Sunday, January 20, 2013

A to Z: My Travel Wish List

And were back with the A-Z lists. This one took me quite a while, but I hope you enjoy it. Check back for a new recipe that will hopefully be posted later today!

A- Australia
Who doesn't want to visit Australia? I know I'm looking at a long flight, but I think all the beauty and excitement that Australia has to offer makes the flight more than worth it.
(Source) 
Great Barrier Reef (Source)
B- Baltimore
There is a National Volleyball Qualifier that takes place every year in Baltimore, and every year I crossed my fingers that we would decide to go there. My team never did, but some of my friends went and the pictures looked beautiful. It would definitely have to be a spring or summer trip for me because me and cold weather just do not mix.
C- Canada
I am not sure I could handle a Canada winter, but a Canada summer is right up my alley. The temperature would be perfect for a run along the coast.
(Source)
D- Dublin
Ireland is easily one of my top travel destinations. I have a little bit of Irish in me, so I would love the chance to visit the land of the leprechauns. 
E- Edinburgh
I don't know much about Edinburgh, or Scotland in general, but come on, who doesn't want to see the Edinburgh castle? I am not a huge history buff, but the history that comes from sites such as this really fascinate me.
F- Fairbanks
Alaska had to be included on this list somewhere, so Fairbanks it is! I have a friend who vacationed in Alaska this past summer and said it was one of her favorite vacations she's ever taken. Another friend biked through Alaska on his way to Canada and his pictures took my breath away.
G- Greece
Whenever I say I want to go to Greece, my mom is always quick to tell me that Greece is not the safest airport to fly into right now. While that my be true, that doesn't stop me from daydreaming of a Santorini sunset. 
(Source)
H- Hawaii
Okay, I know I have already been there, but I was only in seventh grade and I would absolutely love the opportunity to go back and experience more. I would love to cliff jump, learn to surf, and visit Pearl Harbor. 
I- Interlaken
This is probably the one place I wished we had gotten to visit when we were in Europe. If only we had one more weekend! I have heard nothing but good things about Switzerland, and canyon jumping in Interlaken is on my bucket list, so I will definitely be making a trip back there one day.
(Source)
J- Jerusalem
A holy city, rich in Christian history, and I can only imagine how it would feel to step foot in this city.
K- Key West
Okay, this isn't a place I'm dying to visit, but it starts with a K, and I do love a good beach getaway.
L- London
London is also a place that I have seen before, but it is easily one of my favorite cities in the world. I was only there for about three days this past summer, but Sarah and I managed to cram in a whole lot of London in those three days. I would love to find more of the "hidden secrets" of London and explore those. 




M- Montana
It's a strange place to want to go, I know, but I do want to visit all 50 states, and Montana seems to offer many attractions that would please the outdoor lover in me.
N- New York City
I went to New York when I was three years old, but I am dying for the chance to go back. I have composed a list about a mile long of things I want to do while there, and I am hoping to get to every item on that list in the very near future.
(Source)
O- Oregon
I think Oregon is another one of those places that people don't include in conversations about top travel destinations, but I feel like Oregon is home to many incredible hiking trails, as well as to many incredible views.
P- Portugal
Portugal borders Spain, but Sarah and I chose to visit other destinations. The people who did go to Portugal loved it, so a return visit is definitely in my future.
Heart Sea Arch (Source)
Q- Queenstown
Okay, I'll admit that this wasn't a place I originally had in mind, but I needed a Q and I do want to visit New Zealand one day. This place looks perfect to satisfy the adventurer in me.
(Source)
R- Rome
Trevi Fountain, The Vatican, The Pantheon, The Colosseum - there is so much beauty, art, and history in Rome.
S- San Francisco
The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf - all places I've heard about but never experienced for myself. Plus, I have to visit the site of one of my all-time favorite television shows: the Full House house. 
(Source)
T- Tacoma
Washington is another place I desperately want to visit, Seattle specifically, which I think is pretty near Tacoma. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know it's very rainy, but that gives me a chance to break out my Hunter's.
U- United Kingdom
I know I already mentioned Ireland, London, and Scotland as places I want to visit, but this sort of encompasses all parts of them. I love London, but I also want to visit the English countryside and places like Oxford and Cambridge. The English nerd in me is coming out a bit here.
V- Vienna
Two of my friends are studying in Vienna this spring, and I can't wait to see their pictures. I don't know much about Austria, but I know The Sound of Music was filmed in Salzburg, so I imagine that all of Austria is filled with breathtaking sights.
W- Washington D.C.
I feel like I can't consider myself to be a true American until I visit and explore the site of the nation's capitol. Just kidding, but I would love to see all of the historical sites that I have learned about for years in school.
(Source)
X- Again, I got nothing. I don't have much interest in going to China, and while I'm sure there are great travel destinations that start with X, I am not willing to put in the research quite yet!
Y- Yosemite Falls
Hiking Yosemite Falls has to be one of the top things on my bucket list.
Z- Zimbabwe
The pictures I have seen of the Victoria Falls are enough to convince me that Zimbabwe is worth visiting.
(Source)
I do hope to eventually travel to every single place on this list, as well as many, many more. I have officially been bitten by the travel bug and I know that a significant portion of my future paychecks will be put toward a travel fund. I love Houston, Austin, and all of Texas, but there is just so much more out there that I am excited to one day see and experience. If you have been to any of these places, I'd love recommendations on what you recommend checking out!

Now it's your turn to participate in Survey Sunday:
  • Let's pretend that money is not an issue, nor is worrying about taking time off work. What is your number one travel destination right now?

2 comments:

  1. i love a interactive blog...well lets see, actually i dont have to pretend, i have 3 things, 1st in march im going to kayak buffalo bayou with some friends from hiking club..in july i want to go to austria and hike a loop trail in the alps, climb 1 mtn and spend a day in munich..in aug i want to go to sierra mountains and do a lot of climbing, to long to list out the whole trip,lets just say if fatigue does not kill me, the weather or a fall will, how can i turn that down??
    On your list i have done 9 of them, not bad, i would say yosemite should be a high priorty (can knock out san fran also) in canada anywhere in rockies you cant lose, mont, glacier nat park, dc make sure you go to arlington cemetery, it will be very emotional, everyone should go to dc at least once. But my #1 recomendation i would say is plan on backpacking, learn it, in glacier for example, do a day day hike, thousands of people, put the pack on and get out in middle of nowwhere, wont see anyone for hrs, totally different exp.
    hope this helps a little, and looking forward to some more killer workouts, off to train at e- rock this weekend.....cheers.......



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I never responded to this one - one of my roommates is studying in Austria this summer - I'm super jealous!
      And yes, Yosemite is a high priority, as is all of California! Is E-rock Enchanted Rock?!

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS