Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pretty Muddy Run

Before I get to what might be the most exciting news ever reported on this blog, I will start with my workout and breakfast.

Workout

Before I hit the gym, I ate one of of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins so that I wouldn't be working out on an empty stomach. It took a lot of willpower to stop at just one, but I managed to make it out of the house before eating any more. Since I took a strength class at the gym last night, today's workout was a hodgepodge of cardio. I spent 20 minutes each on the stair master, the elliptical, and the bike. I am hoping that my toe will feel ready to run by this weekend, because I am starting to get really antsy. Today is a beautiful (and cold) day that would be perfect for running!

Breakfast

Once I got home from the gym, I surprisingly wasn't too hungry, but I have plans to walk around Town Lake with a friend, so I knew I needed something to sustain me until lunch time o. So, even though it's very cold outside, I whipped up a cold, refreshing smoothie that featured frozen blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, a cut up banana, a handful of spinach leaves, and a tiny bit of almond milk. It was one of my better smoothies, because too often I either make them too thick or too liquidy, so I may have finally found a winning recipe.



Anyway, onto the more exciting news. On Monday night, I received an email from a fellow Texas blogger who was looking for bloggers to join their team and blog about this new women's mud run series called Pretty Muddy, and also encourage their followers to join them in getting "pretty muddy." The race is coming to Dallas in 2013, June 1st, to be exact, and I was honored to even be considered for the position. I sent in my information and was notified last night that I am officially part of the team, meaning I will be given a free entry to the race, as well as Pretty Muddy gear, in exchange for blogging about the event and getting the word out there about the race.

I did a Warrior Dash last November and I loved it. It was very muddy, but a lot of fun. I am a huge fan of obstacle courses, and this particular race has some fun ones. I am ecstatic to really be getting my feet wet in the healthy living blog world and to be a part of helping this event be as successful as it can be.

I don't know much about the event, but I do know that is is on June 1st, 2013 in Dallas, Texas at the Skyline Ranch. I would love it if you joined me - sorry, ladies only - in getting "pretty muddy." If you are interested, please contact me, and once I receive more information, I will let you know ASAP. I will be blogging about this event periodically over the next six months, including how I will be "training," and how I will continue my (mostly) healthy eating habits to sustain myself through this 5K full of mud and crazy obstacles.

I owe y'all a huge thank you for faithfully tuning into my blog every day (or at least a few times a week), because it is helping my blog gain more and more readers, which is more than I ever could have dreamed of when I began this endeavor a little over a year ago. So, thank you, and I hope you continue to read fitness & froyo, because I sure love writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS