Friday, January 25, 2013

Springs Back Triathlon

I don't have class on Fridays, yet I woke up at 6:43am this morning. I ate one of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter bars and drove over to Mt. Bonnell for round two of my Mt. Bonnell stair workout. The weather was great, but my legs were seriously lacking in strength and energy this morning. That is probably due to the fact that I went to a Body Pump class last night - my first in a while. I wasn't sore upon waking up, but as soon as I started climbing the stairs, I felt it.


So while I planned to follow my stair workout with a short three-mile run around Town Lake, I headed home to work on some homework instead, with the plan to get in a run or a swim later before my Young Life all-area retreat. I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can work on my tan at the same time. I don't hate the fact that I can work on my tan in January.

Springs Back Triathlon

Yesterday, while scrolling through my Instagram feed, I saw a picture with the captian "triathlon training starts now." She attends UT with me, so I thought there might be a triathlon coming up in Austin. Even better, it's over Spring Break in Fulshear, which is right outside of Houston. I haven't attempted a triathlon since my run-in with the half-ironman in October of 2010. I love the idea of a triathlon, I was just not quite ready for that distance. So, I signed up for the sprint portion, because I don't know if I will be ready enough for the Olympic distance by March 10th, but I am excited for a new fitness challenge. Springs Back Triathlon, here I come!

Before 70.3
After - I'm not sure how authentic that smile was!
Hence, the need for a swim. I realized I haven't step foot in a pool since early December, so my swimming skills are going to be a little rusty. My plan is to try to swim laps at least twice, possibly three times a week. I absolutely love swimming, and doing it on a consistent basis is such good exercise. Swimming and cycling will have to be worked into my exercise routine, and I am excited to get started.

Now I am off to do some baking for our retreat this weekend, as per the request of my teammates. Happy Friday!

P.S. If you want to sign up for the Pretty Muddy Run in Dallas - which you should - be sure to sign up by JANUARY 31st and use this discount code: girltime (all one word). This is the cheapest it will ever be, so be sure to take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS