Monday, January 21, 2013

Perfect Day

Happy Martin Luther King Day, everyone! I hope it has been spent doing something that makes you feel free. My day certainly started off on the right foot as Sarah and I woke up and spontaneously decided to go watch the sun rise. We drove to Mueller Park, my new favorite place, evidently, and captured an absolutely beautiful sight. The sun rise kicked off what has been another beautiful day here in Austin, and you will hear no complaints from me about the warmer winter weather.






Once we arrived back home, I enjoyed one of my favorite breakfasts: yogurt mixed with walnuts and raisins. It fueled me for a day of.. reading. And not for school, but for pleasure. For once, I am not just caught up with all of my school work, but I am actually a little bit ahead. Let's see how long I can keep this up! Anyway, I started a new book called Still Alice by Lisa Genova and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down and though it was extremely sad, I cannot wait to dive into another one of her books.

So, after a morning full of reading, I decided to take advantage of the fact that not only is it my favorite weather outside, but that my toe was feeling much, much better. I headed over to Mueller Park for the second time today and got in a five-mile run through the park and the surrounding neighborhood. It felt so good, and I am hoping that I even managed to get a little color in my skin during my run.


After my run, I sat down by the pond and finished Still Alice before heading back home and indulging in my favorite snack - a honeycrisp apple with peanut butter. I could probably eat this three times a day and not get tired of it. I am now making some edits to my first paper of the semester and contemplating what outdoorsy thing I can get in before a conference call from the founder of Pretty Muddy Women's Runs, the run for which I am going to be a blog ambassador in Dallas. The fact that I am participating in a conference call tonight really makes me feel like I am getting old. Wish me luck - I am not sure how these things go!

P.S. Check out the Pretty Muddy website via the badge on the side of my profile

P.P.S. Like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter if you haven't already - it will notify you when I have a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS