Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"It's October 3rd"

If you don't know where that quote comes from, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. I'll give you a hint: it's only the most quotable movie ever, and it jut happens to be one of my personal favorites. I'll give you another hint: "On Wednesdays, we wear pink."

If that last quote didn't solidify it for you, it's.. drum roll, please.. Mean Girls! Today is National Mean Girls Day, and if you haven't seen the movie before, please, go watch it. It's such a classic!
(Source)
(Source)
Moving on! I have a new "recipe" for you today, but before we get to that, let's talk exercise.

I slept in a little bit and arrived at the gym a few minutes before 8:00am. I hopped on the treadmill with the intent of running five miles, and though I did end up running five miles, I broke it up and ran about a half mile in the middle of it. I ran three and a half miles, walked half a mile, and finished out the last mile and a half before calling it a morning. I did about five minutes of abs and headed home to attempt to work on some homework. As I predicted, I was pretty sore from Body Pump last night, though not as sore as I thought I was going to be. That being said, tomorrow will probably be worse, so I plan on running maybe two miles before my Body Pump class and then calling it a week, as I am running two races this weekend and I want to be well-rested for them.

Lunch

Now for the "recipe". I feel as though I need to put recipe in quotes because can I really call something that I throw into the oven for 20 minutes a recipe? I don't know but what I do know is that I will be making it again soon. I recently purchased some whole wheat flatbread from HEB, so I used that as my dough. I smothered on some tomato sauce, topped it with a bit of salmon, turkey pepperoni, broccoli, mushrooms, and black olives and threw it into the oven, preheated to 350 degrees. I let it cook for about 20 minutes and voilĂ , I had myself an easy, delicious, and filling lunch.


I mentioned before that I have quite a bit of seafood in the freezer, so this was my creative take on not getting tired of eating fish. Homemade pizza is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals! There are so many other toppings you could try, and I'd love to hear your take on the recipe!

Dairy-Free Pizza (feel free to add cheese, as cheese often makes the pizza)

Ingredients:
  • 1 Whole Wheat Flatbread (or pizza dough of your choice)
  • Turkey Pepperoni
  • Small piece of salmon
  • Chopped Broccoli
  • Chopped Mushrooms
  • Black Olives
  • Tomato Sauce (I use RAGU)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spread tomato sauce on dough and add the ingredients as you would like
3. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes

There you have it! Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS