Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Skye

Holy October! Please, tell me where the time has gone because I cannot believe that October is already upon us. I am absolutely loving this cooler weather, though my body disagrees, as I have been bogged down with a bit of a cold these past few days. I have been trying to rest, but these next two weeks are pretty hectic for me, so I am hoping my immune system starts kicking in ASAP! Between YoungLife, school, and keeping up with workouts and this blog, there's just no time to be sick!
Some of my beautiful eighth grade girls for 'Merica themed club! Photo cred: Aimee 
Wyatt and Dylan: Gangham style - Photo cred: Aimee
Aimee and I - the dimples are coming out! Photo cred: Aimee
This morning started off with a beautiful bike ride to class, and ended in a meeting with one of my advisors as we discussed and planned out my final three semesters of college. Um, okay. I don't feel old enough to be discussing these sorts of things! All I know is that my senior year is going to be busy, busy, busy with student teaching. It's the sort of thing that should stress me out, but as it's more than a year away, I think I'll save some of that energy. My parents will be happy to hear that I will indeed be graduating on time, even though I wouldn't mind spending a year or two more living the college lifestyle.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning..
All the courses I have left to take 
My degree audit
After my advising appointment, I headed home to fix myself some lunch, and I realized that everything labeled "KT" in the freezer is some kind of seafood. Don't get me wrong, I love seafood, but I feel as though I may not want to look at fish again after these next couple of weeks! Thankfully, fish is pretty darn easy to prepare, and I am definitely in the market for some easy meals. Today's lunch was of the shrimp variety, and it was pretty darn tasty. Pair that with a side of grapes and you've got yourself a winning meal!

Tonight's workout was a good one, and I'm not sure I will be able to move tomorrow. I took a Body Pump class at the gym, and I am not sure if it was tough because it was a new release, or if it was because I haven't gone to Body Pump class in about a week and a half. Probably a combination of the two. In any case, it felt good to work my muscles because I often forget to do that when I start running longer distances. Kristina is TOUGH, similar to Felipe at the MAC, and she makes sure to work us hard.

And now I'm off to get some serious homework and studying done, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS