Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Foam Party

Since I just finished taking a midterm, I have decided to take a short break from my studies and provide you with a laugh to start out this brisk Tuesday morning.
A great view before a 7am midterm
So, yesterday before leaving to serve at the Northwest Austin YoungLife banquet, I noticed that our dishwasher was full and dishes were starting to pile up in the sink, so I went to start the dishwasher. Well, we were out of our usual Cascade detergent drops, but some dishwashing detergent caught my eye, and since we use liquid detergent at home, I figured I would use it to run the dishwasher and be on my way. Well, about an hour later one of my roommates, Natalie, who was also volunteering at the banquet with me showed me a picture that had been sent to our house group text:

I immediately knew that it had to be a result of the detergent that I had used, thinking that I had maybe put too much in or something. Others assured me that it's normal to fill the container up to the top, so my roommate and I chalked it up to being a faulty dishwasher. We had a whole slew of problems upon moving in, so it was a definite possibility.


Around 9:00pm, I returned home to this sight:


and Sarah informed a confused me that dishwashing detergent is for the sink, it is dishwasher detergent that goes into the dishwasher. You really do learn something new every day! My roomies thanked me for the foam party and unexpected mop job, and they made me feel much better about causing this mess. I am thankful for roomies who take the time to clean up after one another - they really are the best - and I can tell you that it will be a long time before I make this mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS