Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's Sunday

Another Sunday, another survey. I really do apologize for the lack of consistency in my posts, but school is eating my lunch right now. Seriously. Papers on top of midterms on top of lesson plans does not leave much time for blogging. However, fear not, because I have not forgotten about this Sunday tradition that everyone knows and loves. This week's survey is a compilation of random questions, so I hope you enjoy your Sunday as I pour over my school books. Oh, and Go Texans!

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate. My dad can attest to the fact that I have never been about the vanilla - there is just no added taste! Plus, a little bit of chocolate can cure anything. And vanilla ice cream mixed with chocolate sauce does not equal chocolate ice cream. Just sayin'.
P.F. Changs Great Wall of Chocolate aftermath
Hot Hot Summer or Snowy Winter?
Hot hot Summer, mainly because that is exactly what we get here in Texas. I know that I will be the first to comment when it starts getting unbearably hot, but a snowy winter is just not something I would appreciate. On the few snow days that we have experienced in Texas, I found snow to be wet, cold, and dirty. I am just not used to the snow, and I don't really know how to dress for the cold weather - our Texas "winter" is about as cold as I can handle!


Save or Spend?
I wish I could say that I am a saver, but I am definitely a spender. I find ways to justify buying things - especially when it's clothes from Anthro. I can wear this when I'm a teacher, you know? That's what I tell myself, anyway. I have gotten better about it since I have had to pay for some things with my own hard-earned money, - it's hard to part with - but there is definitely still work to be done in regards to learning the value of a dollar.

Elliptical or Treadmill?
Treadmill. I used to be all about the elliptical, staying on my beloved elliptical #18 at the MAC for over an hour, and while I still enjoy time on the elliptical, I'm all about the treadmill these days. Walking workouts, interval workouts, incline workouts, you name it! There is so much variety to be found on the treadmill that it's hard to get bored.

Banana or Apple?
Apples. It's honeycrisp season and that makes for one happy girl. My dad is quite the saver, but he and I both agree that we can spend a little extra during honeycrisp season. My apple consumption increases by 100% during honeycrisp season, and I have a hard time finding apples that even compare to my beloved honeycrisps.
Honeycrisp + peanut butter = winning combo
Morning or Night?
Morning, for sure. I love waking up early and starting my day. It generally makes for a much more productive day. I rarely get anything done at night, and I'd rather just use that time to wind down before bed, maybe by watching an episode of Friday Night Lights, my newest TV obsession. That being said, I don't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight. Okay, it was a week ago, but I'm someone who usually doesn't stay up that late, so a week of consistently staying up past midnight is not normal! Blame it on the school work.

Lipbalm or Lipstick?
Lipbalm (chapstick?) for sure. I feel like if I ever wear lipstick as part of a costume or something, I end up biting all of it off. Plus, I feel like only mom-aged people wear lipstick.

Acoustic or Electric?
Guitars? Acoustic.

Coffee or Tea?
Neither - which is great for my wallet!

Straight or Curly?
My hair is naturally curly, so you will most likely see me rocking the curly hair look because I have convinced myself that straightening my hair takes me an insane amount of time. It  really doesn't, but curly hair is usually my go to anyway because it's quick and easy. There are times when I wish I was that girl who could wake up and have perfectly straight hair, but the grass is always greener, right? I have found that nearly every girl wishes her hair was something different.
Curly
Straight
Three Squares or Graze All Day?
Is it bad if I say both? I typically eat three meals every day - breakfast being pretty hearty, and then I usually eat either a hearty lunch or a hearty dinner, but rarely are both of them "square" meals because the snacks I eat throughout the rest of the day keep me so satisfied. I typically eat something every three to four hours, which works pretty darn well for me!

Right handed or left handed?
Left handed. I used to hate it when I was younger, but now I love being left handed, despite the fact that I am still really bad at cutting things.

Beach or Mountains?
I really love both, although I might have to go with the mountains. However, I like the mountains in the summertime when they're not covered in snow. I love hiking and anything outdoorsy, and while I love the beach, I don't appreciate finding sand in my clothes days later. I get that from my mom!
Before climbing the mountain at Crooked Creek 
Colorado mountains - my favorites
Stratford America
Mac or PC?
Once you go Mac, you don't go back. I have definitely fallen into that trap and I really don't think I can ever go back to a PC.
Just workin' away on my Mac
Shy or Outgoing?
I'd have to go with a combination of both. I can be really shy when I don't know people well, and even when I am around my best friends, I tend to not put myself at the center of attention. In Pre-K my Indian name was Quiet Bunny. However, there are instances in which I am very outgoing, so a combination of the two is my answer to this question.

Name your favorite color: 
Pink! But I really love all colors - I just tend to gravitate more toward pink-colored things. 
I loved our pink volleyball jerseys
Name your favorite song: 
I have never been able to answer this question, and I still can't answer this question. My favorite song changes often, and it definitely depends on what I'm in the mood to listen to. I tend to gravitate towards country, but, and this is somewhat embarrassing, I do love to jam to the popular songs of the time - you know, songs like It's Always a Good Time, Never Ever Ever, and the like. Clearly, I'm still a teenager.

Name your favorite dessert: 
I think you all know the answer to this one, so let's say it together -
Pumpkin fro-yo is my favorite
Frozen yogurt!

What wizzes you off: 
What "wizzes" me off? I can't say that I have ever heard that one before, but a few pet peeves of mine are tardiness, drivers who fail to use their turn signals, slow walkers and drivers, and when people use "your" instead of you're."

When you’re upset you: 
I tend to keep to myself when I get upset, or I call my parents, who always know what to say to make me feel better. I don't get upset often, but when I do, it's usually because things have been piling up and the stress finally got to me.

Your favorite pet: 
You can all blame my parents for the fact that the only pets I have ever had are goldfish that didn't live longer than two days at our house.

Black or white: 
My white jeans from XXI are one of my favorite articles of clothing. They are so much fun to wear in the summer, and so much can be worn with them. However, I grew up with a mom who really enforced the "no white after Labor Day" rule, which has been engrained in my mind, so those white pants are unfortunately only alive for a few months out of the year. I tend to wear more black tops, though, because you can play with so many different colors to liven up the black.
Here's the black/white combo
Your biggest fear: 
Disappointing others.

Best feature: 
This is such a hard question for me, but I'd have to go with my legs. Years of volleyball (and countless wall-sits) made them pretty strong, and running has given them some definition. I will never be someone who has thin legs, but I am thankful for their strength - how else could I run 13.1 miles?
Just keep running
Everyday attitude: 
I'd say I have a pretty good attitude most of the time. However, when I get stressed, I tend to find faults in every little thing, and even the smallest thing bothers me. I am a pretty smiley person, and I try to look at each day as a new opportunity to do something great and make an impact on those who come into contact with you.

What is perfection:  
Jesus.

Guilty pleasure: 
Okay, I'm not going to lie. I, an English major who generally reads what most people consider to be intellectual books, do enjoy reading those chick-flick, sometimes "trashy" romance novels. I know, there is so much more value in reading the classics, but who doesn't remember reading "The It Girl?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS