Monday, November 30, 2015

Killer Abs Circuit

Happy Monday! Can the Monday after Thanksgiving break really be considered happy? It's so hard to get back on that real life schedule, when I enjoyed five days of family, friends, food, football, and most of all, much-needed relaxation. Sure, I did a little bit of school work, but for the most part, I put the school work away in favor of other things. And I'm feeling rejuvenated. So yes, I'm going to consider this a happy Monday.


1st Annual Friendsgiving (thanks, Friendswoodians, for the idea)
And I'm just popping in for a quick post - and to say that I can't believe today is the last day of November - so that I can share a killer abs circuit with you guys. I cannot take credit for this one, as Felipe is the one who put me through this madness, but it was so good (bad?) that I had to share it with y'all.



Here's how it works. Felipe tells you that you only have to do ten of each exercise. Easy enough, right? But then he tells you that you're going to do the first two exercises (bicycle crunches and sit-ups), and then you're going to start over from the top. Meaning: 10 bicycle crunches, 10 sit-ups, and now, 10 scissor kicks. On each leg, of course. When that has been completed, start over from the top, adding in the hip raises. It's a vicious cycle, and if you can finish without cursing Felipe's name, I salute you. One thing to note is that the 10 supermans are tacked onto the side crunches. So, I did 10 side crunches, on each side, followed by 10 supermans, and THEN I started from the top. Just saving you all from a little bit of pain. Anyway, my abs were sore for DAYS after taking Felipe's class. DAYS. I'm just now able to laugh without feeling it in my core. But, that means this is a great ab workout, and it's over in less than 10 minutes. I know that I'm guilty of cutting core work from my workout routine, so I'm hoping to add it into my schedule at least a couple of times a week (easier said than done). Maybe in a few ... months ... it will get easier, and I can start increasing the reps. But from the feels of it, that's going to take a little while.

And that's all I've got for you guys today. I hope you have all have a fantastic Monday! Happy (almost) December! It's getting to be that crazy time of year, so when your to-do list starts to get overwhelming - step back, take a deep breath, and think of five things for which you are grateful. I promise your day will suddenly seem a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS