Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Funday

Hello and happy Sunday! I'm trying to figure out how I go back to school tomorrow (teachers only, for now!), and how the heck summer flew by so fast. Week one of volleyball is already in the books, and time doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. And I would have posted a couple of times this week, but my computer was otherwise occupied. That is, Mack went running full speed ahead after a tennis ball and knocked my computer to the floor. Shout out to the IT department for getting my computer up and running before the start of inservice!

Bellaire Volleyball, Round Three
Anyway, after this week's whirlwind of volleyball activity, I am a little surprised at how productive I've managed to be today. I've prepared breakfast and lunch, whipped up another batch of my zucchini chocolate chip muffins, and managed to do a little bit of cleaning before the Swiffer drove Mack absolutely crazy. I have him back for a couple of days while my parents are forced out of their house for the completion (!) of their new hardwood floors. You certainly won't hear me complaining. But let's kick off this new week with a survey, shall we?

What is your favorite food? Nothing beats a turkey burger and sweet potato fries. That is hands down my favorite thing about pre-race day. Though I also look forward to ordering seafood when I eat out, as that's probably the one thing I'm not yet comfortable preparing myself. Salmon is probably my most frequently ordered entree. 


How do you de-stress? Either I go for a run, or I do something fun with Mack. Maybe I'll talk him for a walk, or we'll play a round of fetch, or we'll have a puppy playdate with other pups in the neighborhood. Just walking in the door to his sweet face is enough to turn any day around.




Where do you get your ideas for new posts? My own life and experiences. Things I'm doing, things I'm loving, things I'm eating, etc. If I'm traveling (okay, or if I've just returned from traveling), I'll write about my experiences there. If I just ran a race, you'll probably read about it before you hear about it. Though I do get my surveys from other blogs. And the Friday Things I'm Loving feature came from my favorite blog of all time - Peanut Butter Fingers.


Cookies or Pie? Oh man. I'm not typically a huge pie person, but the peach pie from Royer's Pie Haven in Round Top is pretty unbeatable. That being said, I've always been a cookie monster. When I was in college, my grandmother would send her famous chocolate chip cookies to my dorm or house as part of a care package, and I once ate 17 of them in one day. IN. ONE. DAY.


What’s your favorite movie? There are so many movies I enjoy, but The Breakfast Club is one of those movies that will never get old. Remember the Titans is another one that won't be turned off should I ever come across it while flipping through channels.

What is your least favorite chore to do around the house? I loathe folding clothes. I don't particularly like ironing either, but I don't even own an iron, so that's not a chore I even worry about. I'll take cleaning the bathroom over folding clothes any day of the week.

What’s your favorite hobby/activity to do in your spare time? Obviously I enjoy running - or any form of exercise, really - cooking, baking, reading (I just finished The Cursed Child, and I'm dying to discuss it with someone!), writing, and spending any amount of time with my almost one-year-old (!) beagle.



Do you play or watch any sports? Do I play or watch sports? D U H. I played every sport under the sun growing up - except for tennis, that is - and I still play sports whenever I get the chance. I've been on a sand volleyball team, a soccer team, I'll shoot hoops every once in a while, and sports is almost always what's playing on my television. Right now, and for the next 16 days, the Olympics will be playing nonstop. And when I can't watch it on TV, I'll be streaming it on my phone. I am a huge sports fan, but Texas football has to be my favorite. We are just 28 days away, people. Hook'em forever.



Throwback to Fall 2010
Are you a country or city girl? I am a city girl through and through. I've never not known life in a big city, or at least, a bustling city, and I am not made for small town life. I think it's cute and quaint, but I've become too used to living just minutes from a grocery and/or convenience store. There's always something to do in a big city, and though the traffic causes my blood pressure to skyrocket, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't trade the amenities of living in the third-largest city for anything in the world. 


And speaking of running, I'm off to sneak in today's long run. This running schedule I'm on is no joke, and I'm having to drag myself from the couch in order to hit the treadmill. 


At least I've got the Olympics to occupy the miles! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

1 comment:


  1. adelgazarEntrena 30' cada día y estarás en forma en muy poco tiempo, ¡¡¡anímate!!! Nuestros entrenamientos se adaptan a los mas principiantes, y dan resultado a corto plazo. Puedes empezar de cero, juntos lo conseguiremos. Happy training, tus entrenamientos serán divertidos y cómodos, te lo garantizamos. El

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS